Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney

Unhappy Romney

I was wondering if Romney would be a quiet hard working Senator or an outspoken troublemaker. He answered that question in his op-ed in today's Washington Post..

The Trump presidency made a deep descent in December. The departures of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, the appointment of senior persons of lesser experience, the abandonment of allies who fight beside us, and the president’s thoughtless claim that America has long been a “sucker” in world affairs all defined his presidency down.

It is well known that Donald Trump was not my choice for the Republican presidential nomination. After he became the nominee, I hoped his campaign would refrain from resentment and name-calling. It did not. When he won the election, I hoped he would rise to the occasion. His early appointments of Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, Nikki Haley, Gary Cohn, H.R. McMaster, Kelly and Mattis were encouraging. But, on balance, his conduct over the past two years, particularly his actions this month, is evidence that the president has not risen to the mantle of the office.

More...
    Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
    Go ahead and cheat and friend,
    Do it in the name of Heaven,
    You can justify it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I was wondering if Romney would be a quiet hard working Senator or an outspoken troublemaker. He answered that question in his op-ed in today's Washington Post..
    No one cares what losers think. I'm referring to both Romney and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    No one cares what losers think. I'm referring to both Romney and you.
    Romney is a moron. I can't believe Utah elected him.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    So how many Republican challengers are going after Trump in 2020? ROmney, Corker, Flake.. Rubio?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    So how many Republican challengers are going after Trump in 2020? ROmney, Corker, Flake.. Rubio?
    None. Dont be a retard.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    None. Dont be a retard.
    You're actually dumb enough to think no one is going to try and primary the country's worst POTUS ever.

You're actually dumb enough to think no one is going to try and primary the country's worst POTUS ever.
    Sure there will be challengers, I think Obama had like 50 in 2012. The thing is there will be no serious challengers.

8. Default

Trump has 18 ongoing criminal investigations and it's only going to increase before 2020. He's done. The MAGA experiment has been a total flop.

Trump has 18 ongoing criminal investigations and it's only going to increase before 2020. He's done. The MAGA experiment has been a total flop.
    k

Guess we can go ahead and chalk this up as yet another failed prediction by Androidpk.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out, but Romney's op-ed is definitely noteworthy. The wheels are genuinely starting to come off of the bus. Senate Republicans are ducking for cover, for the most part, and not being particularly supportive of Trump right now. There have been House Republicans on CNN lambasting Trump in a way I haven't seen in two years, and even Fox News has been slowly weaving in some critical coverage of Trump.

And then there's Romney.

The reality of the situation is that Romney's op-ed is a very public bet that Trump and Trumpism (whatever that may be) are both on their way out. This op-ed is clearly about Presidential positioning, but, at it's core- it's also him jumping off of what he sees as a sinking ship. The way this stuff works is it starts off as a slow- but steady- trickle, and then- overnight- turns into a flash flood. That's the direction things are heading in as of this moment.