Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It begins.

Default It begins.

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    As a semi-functional retard, she has no chance. Hope she runs though, should be entertaining.

Ah yes, noted political genius whose response to being trolled by Trump is to: take a DNA test and say, "There! Told you so!" Miss me with all this Warren shit. I'm a liberal who won't vote for her. Pull it the fuck together, D's.

(I do not have any faith that the Democratic party can or will put forth a candidate capable of beating Trump).

Blog Entries

It is going to be Biden
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

GOP likely has a dozen women ready to come forward with the time ol' Diamond Joe got too handsy with them. He has quite a reputaiton. He's fucked. Biden is the Obama Nostalgia candidate a lot of Dems really want to think can win, and I have to imagine he's gonna get MeToo'd into the fucking shadow realm the second he announces.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    GOP likely has a dozen women ready to come forward with the time ol' Diamond Joe got too handsy with them. He has quite a reputaiton. He's fucked. Biden is the Obama Nostalgia candidate a lot of Dems really want to think can win, and I have to imagine he's gonna get MeToo'd into the fucking shadow realm the second he announces.
    Fun fact - The sitting US President is on tape stating that women just let him grab them by the pussy. I would not discount anyone from running on #metoo's account. Nonetheless, you're right in that Biden's a bad choice for a large number of reasons and you're right that he probably has no shot. My main reason though would be that it would even further entrench Trump's core voter base in that largely the Pro-Trump team was the same show-us-your-birth-certificate-you-kenyan team. Running someone connected directly to Obama doesn't really leave any wiggle room for swing votes from Trump's core base.

Edit to add: I do think that if Bernie Sanders runs again, he has a far more legitimate shot this time. A lot of people turned on Hillary throughout the 2016 election and expressed regret that they didn't go with him in the first place.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 12-31-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Fun fact - The sitting US President is on tape stating that women just let him grab them by the pussy. I would not discount anyone from running on #metoo's account. Nonetheless, you're right in that Biden's a bad choice for a large number of reasons and you're right that he probably has no shot. My main reason though would be that it would even further entrench Trump's core voter base in that largely the Pro-Trump team was the same show-us-your-birth-certificate-you-kenyan team. Running someone connected directly to Obama doesn't really leave any wiggle room for swing votes from Trump's core base.

Edit to add: I do think that if Bernie Sanders runs again, he has a far more legitimate shot this time. A lot of people turned on Hillary throughout the 2016 election and expressed regret that they didn't go with him in the first place.
    Re: the pussy tape. It's Trump so nothing matters. If Biden had a tape where he said that kind of shit, Fox News/Alex Jones/etc would run it so long and so hard that the Dems would (in their typical fashion) instantly cave and disown Biden, lol. It's just how they do.

I think the Dems are going to rig things against Bernie again. They don't want an actual progressive to run because it fucks their decades of shitty Clinton wing Neolib bullshit. They don't want a progressive who will actually take on banks and try to improve the average American's life, they want a Republican Lite like Hillary was. She won't run again so they'll settle for Beto. Bernie actually spoke to people who are being fucked by the way things are. Trump did that, too, and he won. I think Bernie had a great chance in 2016 if he had gotten the nom. I think they fucked him then and I think they'll fuck him now, and now he's also old as shit.

Blog Entries

Bernie would have to switch his party back to Democrat again.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

One thing is for sure. The Big Money Establishment hates her. They already hounded Obama into not letting her be the first Chair of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a group she helped form and should have been the first Chair of. Hell, even establishment Democrats are likely scared of her.

Actually, another thing is for sure. She is going to be the target of a metric ton of dismissive, condescending hate in the next few years. They will attack and attack and attack her personally, yet rarely debate the positions she espouses.

Warren/Sanders 2020?

I don't see Sanders agreeing to be anyone's VP.