Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: It begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Seizer View Post
    Jesus.. it's fucking spot on.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a type of cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are. Essentially, low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence. The combination of poor self-awareness and low cognitive ability leads them to overestimate their own capabilities.

The term lends a scientific name and explanation to a problem that many people immediately recognize—that fools are blind to their own foolishness. As Charles Darwin wrote in his book The Descent of Man, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 01-04-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

When I first saw that hyperlink, for a second I thought it was going to be about that wack job on that HBO show, but I realized it was Dunning and Dunham, but it still probably fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The accuracy of this would be scary if it wasn't so hilarious.
    I just had a human factors training and they talked about Dunning-Kruger effect. They explained how it can have an effect on safety, and as discussed in the article once you gain enough experience you realize that you are susceptible to error. It also went in to the Expert’s Curse, which was another interesting cause for safety concerns.

After reading about Dunning-Kruger I realized it fit her to a tee.
    Semper superne nitens.

I just had a human factors training and they talked about Dunning-Kruger effect. They explained how it can have an effect on safety, and as discussed in the article once you gain enough experience you realize that you are susceptible to error. It also went in to the Expert’s Curse, which was another interesting cause for safety concerns.

After reading about Dunning-Kruger I realized it fit her to a tee.
    A Little Knowledge Can Lead to Overconfidence

Another contributing factor is that sometimes a tiny bit of knowledge on a subject can lead people to mistakenly believe that they know all there is to know about it. As the old saying goes, a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing. A person might have the slimmest bit of awareness about a subject, yet thanks to the Dunning-Kruger effect, believe that he or she is an expert.
    LOL - time4googlesearch no? Haha
    Last edited by Fortybox; 01-04-2019 at 10:04 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    So, in your head, if you make fun of someone who claims she makes more than everyone posting on this forum, you aren't doing well financially?
    All I was saying is that we don't know what it would take to make more than most everyone here - we can only guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    All I was saying is that we don't know what it would take to make more than most everyone here - we can only guess.
    But you didn't say that.

Like at all.

Here's what you said:

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I think it is safe to say that most of the posters in this forum who do well financially are not talking about it very much, if at all.
    Normally, I don't point out your stupidity.. I just let it go because it's rather tame compared to our top 5 contenders.. but this was so monumentally stupid it needed to be made fun of.

Stop being so monumentally stupid.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    But you didn't say that.

Like at all.

Here's what you said:

Normally, I don't point out your stupidity.. I just let it go because it's rather tame compared to our top 5 contenders.. but this was so monumentally stupid it needed to be made fun of.

Stop being so monumentally stupid.
    I'll be the odd one out and say I thought he just meant people who are doing well financially don't tell everyone else how rich they are over and over again like Time4Pegging.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    I'll be the odd one out and say I thought he just meant people who are doing well financially don't tell everyone else how rich they are over and over again
    This is what I concluded too.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    This is what I concluded too.
    Plenty of people who are well off financially and are not mentally unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    I'll be the odd one out and say I thought he just meant people who are doing well financially don't tell everyone else how rich they are over and over again like Time4Pegging.
    Ah.. I took it a different way. Even when he "clarified" it, he didn't.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME