Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did they use back in the day?

1. Default What did they use back in the day?

Wanted to see if people can recall what the capped players used (to cap) in terms of gear back in GSIII and very early days of the switch to the Web. I suppose the 1995~2005 timeline. Drizzsdt, Malok, Kaedra, Wanton, Roblar, Methais etc.

Anyone recall?

a lockpick.

Blog Entries

Early on almost everyone used OHE, OHBs were rare, THW/poles were for masochists, and ranged/runestaves weren't implemented.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

ebladed dagger and shield for pures probably

Yeah pures were all OHE/shield in GS3 days. Either 40 ranks of each or 1x, usually. Whatever for an OHE and then the highest ET shield you could get.

Blog Entries

Yep, weapons and shields. My pures usually had higher enchanted daggers and shields. Clerics could actually be pretty good with them. Then they made paladins and took zealot away.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

OHB and shield on my wizard because I found a shillelagh (cudgel) from a joke invasion of leprechauns on St. Patty's day.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

8. Default

Trash barrels.

seemed like half of GS used FGB and some version of a vultite falchion, unless they were lucky enough to get a dir/fel hafter or one of the rare good box finds.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Shields. Lots of shields.

Nothing like halfling wizards using tower shields...