Thread: U.S. Stocks Officially in a Bear Market

Lightbulb U.S. Stocks Officially in a Bear Market

We're in a bear market. What it means for you..

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/ax...a1b091972.html

But what does it mean for politics? For starters, Trump doesn't like it, and he's looking for somebody to blame. The likely target is Jerome Powell, chairman of the Fed. Reports surfaced last week that Trump planned to fire Powell. But Trump does not have the authority to fire Powell, and Trump's minions repeatedly denied over the weekend that Trump had ever even wanted to fire Powell. I believe Trump's main concern is that the Fed's recent interest rate increases will slow the economy at exactly the time Trump is running for reelection.

What's this business about a "strong dollar"? Isn't Trump mad at China because China made the dollar too strong?
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    We're in a bear market. What it means for you..

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/ax...a1b091972.html

But what does it mean for politics? For starters, Trump doesn't like it, and he's looking for somebody to blame. The likely target is Jerome Powell, chairman of the Fed. Reports surfaced last week that Trump planned to fire Powell. But Trump does not have the authority to fire Powell, and Trump's minions repeatedly denied over the weekend that Trump had ever even wanted to fire Powell. I believe Trump's main concern is that the Fed's recent interest rate increases will slow the economy at exactly the time Trump is running for reelection.

What's this business about a "strong dollar"? Isn't Trump mad at China because China made the dollar too strong?
    You are a retard. What that means for me: don't read.

I love that the article basically says a Bear Market is GREAT for the working American because it offers up a chance to buy Stock in companies that are typically bought out. Not so great for people owning those stocks because it might lead to profit loss but it'll inevitably recover, just give it a couple years.

Spot on.

4. Default

We're in a "bear market" because 100% of the goods exported and imported from China have a 10-25% markup on them now, and that includes things that hit just about every industry. Everybody's waiting to see how the trade war shakes out and who's affected the hardest before investing. It's only just starting to hit the consumers now with price increases, so we should know soon what companies are hit the hardest.

Invest now if you have the money to do so. If the trade war is settled before the 90 days are up, the market is in for a quick rebound to a lot of the heavily hit industries. I've got more than my usual amount in pharmaceuticals at the moment. List 3 hit all the chemical imports for 10%, so that industry cooled right away because everybody could see where the hit was.

Either way, the trade war ends before election season starts up, and that's just around the corner. You can't carry consumer price hikes into a bid for re-election. It'll still probably stay cool during the election, but as soon as the presumptive winner is known, it'll rebound if it hasn't yet already.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 12-26-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    You are a retard. What that means for me: you're retarded.
    Fixed, and this is correct. It was also correct before, but now it's even more correct.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

22,878.45 +1,086.25 (4.98%)

That is fucking crazy though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Cool story bruh
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord