Thread: Excluding rot, what flares do the most raw damage?

Default Excluding rot, what flares do the most raw damage?

I know Briar goes to 120, I think Coerasene (?) does the same, some old lighting flares go up to 100.

What about flares usually available in HESS? Greater elemental does the most raw damage?

what part of the coraesine flare? it double strikes, which is a full other attack (which can also proc itself again) , and the air flare. The air flare seemed to be lowish on the damage side but the crit ranks are ok, get impact damage table neck snap kills decently often, anecdotally (rank 5)

The double strike will do as much as your normal attacks can do. If you're swinging a big twohander that can be a lot. This is for old style coraesine, i can't remember if the newer style stuff functions the same.

greater elemental is pretty much having a little more than a double flare chance (you have the "normal" flare, and the script flare which can sometimes be a double hit itself, so you have basically 2x normal flare chance, with a smaller percent chance for the bonus flare) so it's pretty good on damage.

parasite weapons above t1 have a higher than normal flare rate and damage per flare, per the wiki.

sigil staff double cast and coraesine double strike i think would be the highest potential, so they scale off your own normal abilities. Same with blink, turns out flaring like max ranger spell spike thorns can be good.

I don't think there are any "old lightning" flares that go up to 100 anymore. I'm assuming you mean the old Stovel (merchant name) flares that were extra strong but those were nerfed forever ago i believe, dunno if any escaped the nerf bat.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Mindwrack flares usually do around 100 damage

T5 Sigil Staff flares will be the highest followed by Blink because spells deal the most raw damage. It depends entirely on the setup.

If you're talking about flares that do independent damage that are not related to the character's ability (blink, sigil and coraesine are all dependent on the user and in some cases weapon) - that's going to be older flare types and exceedingly rare ones.

Talking about greater elementals would beg the question about just stacking two flares vs two elemental flares. For example, you could have a fully unlocked parasite or sprite weapon WITH some other flare added to the weapon. This would probably out-perform standard greater elemental flares. With sprite, you could have plasma flaring sprite flares, and plasma flares added to the flare slot - giving you a "greater plasma flaring" weapon, which would probably out-damage any of the standard elemental flares (and activate more frequently).

wasn't there an old poison type of weapon that would poison per round for whatever amount of damage it did when it flared?
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    T5 Sigil Staff flares will be the highest followed by Blink because spells deal the most raw damage. It depends entirely on the setup.
    My understanding is that sigil staves don't trigger on AoE spells, which would put blink ahead for some professions since they can flare things like 1630, 635, or 518. Or even 435.

One exception is bard spellsongs, where blink weapons don't work at all but sigil staves can flare single-target 1030.
    Last edited by Leafiara; 12-26-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Yes, blink would definitely be ahead of T5 sigil flares. But Blink flares are arguably the best flares in the game, so that's not saying much.