Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10x Lance (MCW, FDW, T3 Briar, T5 Enc, Perfect Forge, Max Light) + Polearm Enhancives

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    You're the shit gif lord congrats. (Aka Methais wanna be)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew wiggin View Post
    Imo it is both more effective and efficient to start adding damage weighing once you get 20-30 pts of crit weighing. If it's not dead with 20-30 pts of crit weighing then the thing you're fighting is probably not crittable and therefore straightup damage weighing is more effective. Under the current wps system once you've reach 20 CER, the amount of services required to just improve it by 1 CER is astronomical, whereby switching to damage weighing route you can gain alot more CER with less services required making it more efficient.

This is my build route for weapons 20 CER crit, then switch to 20 CER damage weighing, then the last 10 pts whatever, but probably not efficient use of services. Best to use it on new weapon or armor.
    Agreed on the uncrittable stuff. But crit weighting ALSO doesn't matter if you're getting a 382+ endroll. That's the magic number (for a lance) where you max out the crit rank no matter what armor the target is wearing. The number is a lot lower for non-plate, of course.

I'm adding damage weighting and crit weighting in equal amounts on mine. I also chose +10 AS over 8 point crit weighting for extraplanar bane, for similar reasons.
    me: fuck yeah got a good hit in, like 70 damage!
    <goat walks in and hits for 2100>

alright well, fuck you too. /quit

Lances do so much damage, it's hard to imagine damage weighting ever mattering.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

It matters when you're cracking things that are in full turtle mode:

Code:
    You spin around looking for something to attack!
    You assault a Grimswarm troll cleric with an unrelenting fury!
    You thrust with an oak-hafted dwarven war pike at a Grimswarm troll cleric!
      AS: +787 vs DS: +675 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +97 = +251
       ... and hit for 149 points of damage!
       Incredible strike pierces heart and runs the troll cleric clean through!
    The troll cleric falls to the ground and dies.
    You cannot do that while berserking.
    You spin around looking for something to attack!
    Last edited by dex; 12-26-2018 at 12:17 AM.

In that example, your damage weighting increased that damage from 145 to 149...

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    In that example, your damage weighting increased that damage from 145 to 149...
    Well, I meant all weighting in general, including crit weighting. With damage weighting it's mostly about mstriking thick targets (like Roblar for example). The idea is to get it to at least HDW, and with +10 points of damage that's +60 damage per mstrike, which is not trivial, and can certainly help in some circumstances. I'm updating the lance аt each smithy so those 4 points is just a transitional stage.

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Well, I meant all weighting in general, including crit weighting. With damage weighting it's mostly about mstriking thick targets (like Roblar for example). The idea is to get it to at least HDW, and with +10 points of damage that's +60 damage per mstrike, which is not trivial, and can certainly help in some circumstances. I'm updating the lance аt each smithy so those 4 points is just a transitional stage.
    With an mstrike, the extra 60 is notable at heavy, true...

So it's been 2 weeks. I had interest from several people in the 400k range, but psychologically it's hard to accept given how nearly a mil went into acquiring this. I'll take 500k scrip for this, pay for T3 Briar and get a perfect T5 MCW lance for free kinda deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    I have a feeling that if they do any post-cap development almost all the critters are going to be crit immune or something ridiculous just by the way I’m seeing how they’re doing Dusk Arena mobs.
    That makes no sense, since I crit kill 90% in Duskruin, not counting champions. I don't want to bog down his sale of a sweet weapon.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.