Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Creatures get a gift!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I don't think these are even potentially that disruptive to hunting scripts. By the looks of it each mini-boss have a certain adjective, which determines their special ability. All you need to do is tell your script to avoid the critters with the adjective that causes you trouble, and you'd be fine.
    And if said adjective critter wanders in while you’re killing a normie? or if it’s hanging around with normie critters. This is definitely a roadblock that’s at the very least make script hunting a bit more risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    And if said adjective critter wanders in while you’re killing a normie? or if it’s hanging around with normie critters. This is definitely a roadblock that’s at the very least make script hunting a bit more risky.
    Not if you're paying attention to your scripts like you're supposed to Einstein.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Not if you're paying attention to your scripts like you're supposed to Einstein.
    This is with paying attention though. Normally if you script hunt in certain hunting zones I would not need to disengage or takeover for 99% of the situations. Bit now this is uncertain. Time will tell but at the least it’s definitely disruptive.

This is with paying attention though. Normally if you script hunt in certain hunting zones I would not need to disengage or takeover for 99% of the situations. Bit now this is uncertain. Time will tell but at the least it’s definitely disruptive.
    I guess we'll just have to see how often these things pop up on whether it actually makes it "disruptive" or not.

5. Default

lets collect some adjectives

flickering - dodges attacks
    Slime covered - regen
    rune covered - absorbs magic

what else we got?
    "You Don't Know Peace 'til You've Had Suffering" -- Solitaire Unraveling, Mushroomhead

6. Default

shifting - dodges attacks
    enraged - increased AS

Most hunting scripts, setup correctly, will pull the game ID and put attack 1010233ss332(whatever the ID is). So I doubt it will really affect how the script(s) attack, unless you fail to setup things correctly. Either way I'm enjoying these changes so far.

8. Default

Great addition to the game. Who's Ixix though? New GM? Name doesn't sound familiar.

9. Default

Code:
        def valid_target?( target, just_entered = false )
    		echo "valid_target?" if $bigshot_debug
            return false if target == nil || target == false
            return false if should_flee?(just_entered)
            return false if just_entered && poaching?
            return false if target.name =~ /enraged|shifting|slime covered|rune\-covered/
            return false if target.noun =~ /child|traveller|scribe|merchant|dignitary|official|magistrate/i && target.name !~ /ethereal|celestial|unworldly/i
    		return false if target.noun =~ /^(?:arm|arms|grik|grik'trak|grik'mlar|grik'pwal|grik'tval|verlok|verlok'asha|verlok'cina|verlok'ar|imp|abyran|abyran'a|abyran'sa|grantris|igaesha|haze|rouk|brume|haar|murk|nyle|mist|smoke|vapor|fog|aishan|shien|darkling|shadowling|arashan)$/i

if( !CharSettings['targetable'].include?(target.name) && !CharSettings['untargetable'].include?(target.name) && target.status !~ /dead/ )
                result = dothistimeout( "target ##{target.id}", 3, /^You are now targeting|^You can't target/ )
                if( result =~ /^You are now targeting/ )
                    CharSettings['targetable'].push(target.name) if target.status !~ /dead/
                elsif( result =~ /^You can't target/ )
                    CharSettings['untargetable'].push(target.name) if target.status !~ /dead/
                end
            end
            return false if CharSettings['untargetable'].include?(target.name)
            if (target.status !~ /dead/) and GameObj.npcs.any? { |n| n.id == target.id } and (@TARGETS.nil? or @TARGETS.keys.any? { |i| target.name =~ /#{i}/i or target.noun =~ /#{i}/i })
                return true
            else
                return false
            end
        end
    Last edited by Alastir; 12-21-2018 at 10:07 PM.
    Find me in game as Alastir
    Or on Discord as: Alastir#9661

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Ixix
    For minibosses and packs, provoke would work to encounter more of them.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites