Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogues Suck Hard...

Does anyone even bother with pickpocketing anymore? I can't remember the last time I saw or even heard of it happening. Then again, if a capped rogue wanted to steal from me, the whole point is I probably wouldn't ever know... heh.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Does anyone even bother with pickpocketing anymore? I can't remember the last time I saw or even heard of it happening. Then again, if a capped rogue wanted to steal from me, the whole point is I probably wouldn't ever know... heh.
    Not really, not enough players left to be able to piss some off and still get healed or raised. These days, that paladin you just got caught stealing from ma's and is also the only healer and cleric in your town.
    Last edited by Wrathbringer; 01-03-2019 at 12:10 PM.

That's true, unless your rogue is just an alt and you also run an empath/cleric.... modern GS style!

That's true, unless your rogue is just an alt and you also run an empath/cleric.... modern GS style!
    Good point.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Though admittedly, the cost of MOC is obscene for a rogue, and even monks pay half as much as us for it, and can 2x it.
    What do you mean even monks can? Monks are largely built around mstrike. Of course they can 2x it cheaply. They should be allowed to 3x it!!

Also, rogues also make excellent archers, what with their bonuses to stalking and hiding. On par with rangers at least, and you get the utility of picking your boxes and plinites and such. And you get better maneuver defense from being a square over a ranger too. Cheaper physical fitness.

Rogues are a nice balance between utility and jack-of-all-trades levels of reachability for costs on all the skills. It's more easily attainable to be self sufficient with spells as a rogue than a warrior. You'll always be able to pick your own boxes if you want. You have the option to go up mstrike, to go ambushing, to go archery, to go two weapon combat, to go lightly armored and stealthy or heavily armored and redux heavy. Or lightly armored and redux heavy, giving you the maneuver defense of brig but near the redux of a warrior while still ambushing from the shadows and avoiding most things' abilities to swing at you. Stun maneuvers get you out of hairy situations better than they would, say, a ranger, not to mention all the little bonuses that come from being able to defend better against the various rogue cmans critters/bandits use against you by being able to train all those skills without spending CMAN points. And as I've mentioned previously, pickpocket works just...1000% of the time. And even when it doesn't, the person you're pickpocketing is probably afk and didn't notice. I steal from people while I'm resting between almost every hunt. I've yet to be confronted once, and my rogue gets seen constantly.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 01-03-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Yep. MOC is monk bread and butter. They're squares and taking on multiple opponents is a core focus. Their TP costs for it make total sense.

The only rogue build I'd want to play is basically a half-monk. Stealth, robes, evasion, ambush UAC and lots of spells.

The rogues I saw doing DR were clearing that one Heist event in like 90 seconds for 200BS. While my sorcerer is clearing the arena, on average, in 120 seconds for 250BS. Seems like Heist addresses the DR imbalance there (though BS per $$ still favors the arena champions - at least BS per hour isn't necessarily in their favor anymore). My sorcerer isn't going to clear any of the Heist missions as well or easily as a rogue.

You nailed it on the head, at least in my case. With +50 PP, +40 Agi, and +40 Dex enhancives, you're not going to catch me, and I'm going to steal any traps instead of set them off.

I'm also less greedy than I was in the past, so I don't clean people out. That will usually get you accused even if you weren't actually caught!

But it's true there are very very few pickpockets around these days. It's a rough life because people will bully you aggressively if it's known that you are actively stealing. And most of the people that can't be bullied, don't want their reputation tarnished.

I'll probably start stealing more aggressively once I hit my current XP target and am done grinding. For now I am being especially light handed about it, and just skimming pockets.

Also, rogues also make excellent archers, what with their bonuses to stalking and hiding. On par with rangers at least, and you get the utility of picking your boxes and plinites and such. And you get better maneuver defense from being a square over a ranger too. Cheaper physical fitness.
    I thought we were comparing to monks here! Any ranger vs. rogue discussion ends at 608/617, and rangers win.

I'm not saying monk MOC should cost them more. I think rogue MOC should be cheaper, considering it is TWICE the cost of a monk.

9. Default

I gave up stealing because no one seemed to mind if I did anymore. And for the record the only thing weed mages do better than rogues is gardening.

Blog Entries

My rogues always trained PP because it is cheap and I like the titles.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam