Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Shutdown Averted!

And these are the same polls that said the lying criminal harpy was going to win. Not worried about that too much. And this comes from a guy that is missing both his paycheck and his retirement check because of this and I am still working. Trump needs to stick to his guns, he made a fair offer, the dims are overplaying their hand. The only listen to the echo chambers on the coast, the heartland is a different story. Oh and here is an interesting tidbit, Trumps polling is up 15 points among latinos, go figure that one out.

I think sometime in the next 2 weeks, when the dims refuse to even negotiate, Trump will declare an emergency and the government will get re-opened. Pretty sure it will not go past 60 days because then I think a clause kicks in and military contracts become null and void, at least that was what they told us in boot camp so many years past.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm not reading this wrong. According to RCP Trump's approval rating was at 41 on Jan 15th, which was about the last time I really heard anyone in the media make a big deal over his approval rating. It remained at 41 for 4 days, then yesterday it went up to 41.4.
    +0.4 over 1 day isn't a trend, -1.3 over 30 days is.

The numbers Tgo, what do they mean?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    +0.4 over 1 day isn't a trend, -1.3 over 30 days is.

The numbers Tgo, what do they mean?
    I specifically said over the past week because that's about the last time I heard the news harp on Trump's poll numbers, as they were trending down. Then when they started to level out they were suddenly silent, then when they started to go up slightly they start to attack a bunch of teens wearing MAGA hats for having the audacity to stand around waiting for their school bus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I specifically said over the past week because that's about the last time I heard the news harp on Trump's poll numbers, as they were trending down. Then when they started to level out they were suddenly silent, then when they started to go up slightly they start to attack a bunch of teens wearing MAGA hats for having the audacity to stand around waiting for their school bus.
    I don't know what the news is reporting, my point is only that within the context of the last month, a slight increase from one day isn't a trend. It *might* start going up again, though I doubt it will unless the shutdown is ended. Only time will tell.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Honestly, -1.3 isn't a massive drop either way. You'd think his shit would tank a lot more than that due to a shutdown.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Honestly, -1.3 isn't a massive drop either way. You'd think his shit would tank a lot more than that due to a shutdown.
    When you're coming from the dizzying heights of ~42% approval rating, there probably aren't too many more people you can piss off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    When you're coming from the dizzying heights of ~42% approval rating, there probably aren't too many more people you can piss off.
    Oh, there are plenty. He had 35% in 2017.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-21-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Trump is rebranding the wall starting today. His tweet makes clear that he will chase the wall for the next two years. To the last, he grapples with it.

Both the Republican and Democrat plans failed to get the 60% vote required in the Senate.

No code has to be inserted here.

President Trump suggested Thursday that grocery stores and banks will give a break to the 800,000 federal workers who are without pay due to the partial government shutdown.

Trump was responding to a question about comments Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross made hours earlier. Ross had prompted a wave of criticism after he claimed not to understand why furloughed workers were visiting food banks and suggested they take out a loan to cover their lost wages.

More...

“Local people know who they are, when they go for groceries and everything else,” Trump said of furloughed workers. “And I think what Wilbur was probably trying to say is that they will work along.”

Trump added that banks, too, are “working along” with furloughed federal employees.

“If you have mortgages, the mortgagees, the folks collecting the interest and all of those things, they work along. And that’s what happens in a time like this,” he said.
    Just tell the cashier that you're furloughed and you'll be able to pay later for your groceries. And when your grocer tells suppliers, the suppliers will let the grocer pay later. And when the supplier tells farmers, the farmers will let the suppliers pay later. And when.. You get the idea.