Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Fair enough. Was just trying to explain a few things. No players were warned. I guess at the end of the day, players should know better about lnet. Carry on.
    There is no explanation for your actions. It's harassment with no basis, plain and simple. You logged the interaction with him, and now it's part of your official record, based on a third party system to which you have no administrative access or authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    "If you are offended on this 3rd party platform, then please ;lnet ignore Zaoloo"
    While you might just be joking, we'll probably need to add some language to POLICY 3 about areas that can have offensive language. It is what it is.

We had a few people send in the same screenshots. Either way, all parties were spoken with at this time.

Just like this thread, people alerted me to its existence. I haven't checked the PC in quite some time.
    You realize that Person 1 that got hurt could have just as easily sent the screenshot to his/her buddies and that why there are "several screenshots". Lnet still out of Simu's jurisdiction. It's like Vegas, what goes on lnet stays on lnet. Simu does not own Lnet nor does Simu have the tools on lnet to enforce anything. It's one things if it's on a Simu forum or discord, but it's another if it's out of your control and out of your bounds. Lnet is not owned by ya'll. Frankly, people who get butt hurt on lnet need to learn to ;untune or ;ignore person(s) It is not Simu's problem if people want to use an unsupported 3rd party software that is not policed by Simu to decide they are offended and then want to complain to Simu. They have no business taking to Simu nor does Simu have any business trying to fish and give Zaoloo rope to hang himself in by you pulling him out to have a a now IN GAME log.

I seriously hope this just drops already or you can and you will kill the game. When we choose to use Lich, we knew it's not supported nor policed by Simu nor can Simu enforce anything on Lnet and therefore it is OUR responsibility to handle things on Lnet via the powers that be on Lnet if it is something serious. That is THEIR job. Not Simu's.

I have had people stalk me in game for months making fake reports while trying to "get" me on some shit I didn't do, I really don't trust this in any way shape or form and think it's super inappropriate that I have to censor myself on lnet now or get banned in game.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

5. Default

While you might just be joking, we'll probably need to add some language to POLICY 3 about areas that can have offensive language. It is what it is.
    No, it is not "it is what it is". It is what you have a legal right to claim, and in this instance, you have no right to claim or police anything.

Lol... We've had reports of strong language on LNet...

I have proof too, not bad for about 10 seconds in paint Untitled.jpg

If anyone actually cared they could edit a screenshot anyway they wanted
    Last edited by Drexen; 12-17-2018 at 03:11 PM.

8. Default

Wyrom says, "I can see everything you type."

This is an overstepping of bounds that could quite easily lead to either a material drop in player base or, at worst, the end of Lich (and with it a much more material drop in player base). I don't see the 'win' in making Lnet Simu's business. I see a lot of ways for a Loss, though.

Only partly joking. For legal purposes, can't you just state outright that conversations on 3rd party platforms are not monitored and thus not the responsibility of Simutronics? Not sure there is a need to explicity sanction offensive language (although I heartily approve of doing so), but, then again, I'm not a lawyer.
    Last edited by Amerek; 12-17-2018 at 03:18 PM.