Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I don't think that anyone has failed to notice that most of you are just here to attack one of the leaders of the game this forum is dedicated to. Do any of you actually play anymore?
    So.. you would have to play the game in order to know what Wyrom did was wrong?

That's dumb.

That's like time4fun level of stupidity.

Would you like me to apply the Seran Rule to every conversation you ever have about any topic from now on?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

2. Default

Glad to see Wyrom has pulled back on the idea of Lnet being in scope of policy. Best outcome we could have hoped for here.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Glad to see Wyrom has pulled back on the idea of Lnet being in scope of policy. Best outcome we could have hoped for here.
    A better outcome would have been that he learned something from this, but his last post here indicates that he's learned nothing and has tried to pass the blame elsewhere:

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Unfortunately, this all started because at least a few people had a problem with some of the terms being thrown out.
    This is incorrect. "This all started" because he did something outside of the purview of his position and once again rightly earned the scorn of the customers that keep him employed. He took direct action against the economic interests of the business for which he works and only started backpedaling because he was caught, to save his own ass.

The best outcome would be for him to be removed and someone competent, with the best interests of the game's health, put in his place.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    A better outcome would have been that he learned something from this, but his last post here indicates that he's learned nothing and has tried to pass the blame elsewhere:

This is incorrect. "This all started" because he did something outside of the purview of his position and once again rightly earned the scorn of the customers that keep him employed. He took direct action against the economic interests of the business for which he works and only started backpedaling because he was caught, to save his own ass.

The best outcome would be for him to be removed and someone competent, with the best interests of the game's health, put in his place.

Disagree, I think it shows promise for the future that he was willing to finally draw a line in the sand where rules will and will not be enforced and the players actually have a voice instead of him just banning anyone he thinks violates policy as staff have done in the past.

5. Default

GemStone IV Player Policy: High Maintenance Guests

In certain situations, the overall pattern of behavior on an account or a set of linked accounts may be determined to be disruptive or abusive, even if not one single act clearly violates any specific policy.

Simutronics reserves the right to determine what patterns of behavior are defined as "high-maintenance" or "disruptive" and may take action against the account(s). High maintenance customers (HMC) will be consulted on a case-by-case scenario.

High maintenance customers (HMC) can become locked out for the following activities:
    * Continued disruptive behavior in game, on the forums, or on the wiki.
    * High volume of assists, reports, and emails.

HMC status may also hinder the ability of getting timely assistance and responses from both onsite and offsite staff. HMC cannot hold a position of leadership such as an officer in an MHO, CHE, or other GM maintained group. They cannot be mentors, GameHosts, GameMaster, or any form of moderator.

Once a player is flagged as HMC, it is a permanent decision on all linked accounts, even if the account transfers hands.

Honestly they can probably ban zaoloo under that clause already. Wyrom was probably trying to be cool and tell him to knock it off but made a mistake and overstepped his bounds because it wasn't actually in-game and then he corrected himself. I don't know if you guys remember pre-wyrom days but I'd say people get in much less trouble now with him than before him. He was wrong to pull him but there were also no repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post

I don't normally get into this, but this is also incorrect.

This got started because some beta-cucked mongoloid got a circle jerk of friends together to email Feedback, who is outside of Wyrom's reign. Feedback deemed it needed to say something, not Wyrom. Something this customer sensitive required Wyrom's touch, not a normal GM.

The angst game is pretty hilarious to see. If I were you guys, I would put on your sleuth hats and find out your snitch and then up your trolling game.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

7. Default

At minimum, Tsalinx/Jeffeex was the snitch. Probably others, but he seemed especially proud of himself on Lnet yesterday.

I think people are blowing things way out of proportion in regards to what Wyrom did. Wyrom had good intentions and was trying to address an issue that was brought to his attention. I personally don't care what is said in lnet (I ignore it most of the time), but maybe we should care to some degree. Our conversations reflect on the type of community we are. When they go overboard toxic it could scare away potential new players. You can say they can unattune from lnet but the conversations are still out there and they make this community look bad.

Heck player's corner may be far worse though. I wonder how many new players stumble into this dark place and decide not to even play Gemstone. We talk about getting advertisement to bring in players to GS. These forums advertise our community behavior to all the potential new players and it's a pretty bad representation of our community. The majority of people that play gemstone are nothing like this. Most of the assholes on here don't even play the game. I don't claim to be an angel myself, I've certainly had my moments but definitely not to any extreme level.

Any way, I'll go back to my safe place since I know those comments are incoming. I just wanted to make a point that we need new blood in GS and we should stop being grumpy old farts scaring everyone away. Especially if we want the game to continue on...

9. Default

I think you have a fair point around new players. If their first exposure to GS, somehow, is these forums, that could be the beginning and the end. I also think it's fairly unlikely someone finds the PC before they at least log into the game itself. With respect to Lich, the default channel is HELP, and people are pretty much across the board welcoming and helpful to new players, in my experience. Even some of the saltier and less pleasant Lnet personalities pitch in to help newbies with questions on HELP. Lich isn't the hellscape you think it is, but yeah, Lnet can be pretty jarring sometimes.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    I don't normally get into this, but this is also incorrect.

This got started because some beta-cucked mongoloid got a circle jerk of friends together to email Feedback, who is outside of Wyrom's reign. Feedback deemed it needed to say something, not Wyrom. Something this customer sensitive required Wyrom's touch, not a normal GM.

The angst game is pretty hilarious to see. If I were you guys, I would put on your sleuth hats and find out your snitch and then up your trolling game.
    I would agree if I believed for a second anyone's hands on this were anyone but Wyrom's. The first, middle, and last things he tried to do here were shift blame. You can't start off believing one bit, that it started "above him and was totally out of his hands, you guys", and then not believe the rest. In keeping with my disbelief of his honesty, I chose to believe none of it rather than some. He's never proven terribly honest in the past. There's no reason for him to start here now. He even said this forum was beneath his notice in this very thread and was called out for that being false based on his logins every few days.