Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    LOL

I support their right to scrub balls though!
    Last edited by Astray; 12-17-2018 at 05:17 PM.

[LNet]-GSIV:Lnetpolice: "Please do not take my name in vain" (22:18:25)
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Legally, I'M 99,9% positive Simu/stillfront are responsable if anything happens bad on lnet.
    You are 100% incorrect.

Is Comcast responsible for shit that happens on LNet/Simu since I pay Comcast for the internet connection I use to access LNet/Simu.

I'd be curious to check, but a couple years back I heard it was easy to Wireshark anyone's Simu account in a cafe, since it was all plaintext.

Maybe the upgraded security which tracks gasp case entry has already resolved this?

Does anyone know if we can still grab passwords on public wifi? I never tried, but I heard that used to be a cinch (but was irrelevant, since the player base is statistically too small for likely intercept).

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You are 100% incorrect.

Is Comcast responsible for shit that happens on LNet/Simu since I pay Comcast for the internet connection I use to access LNet/Simu.
    Depends how accessible the data/proof is.

IF you commit an illegal act on lnet it will go something like this: (Let's pretend something terrible)…

The police will receive the complaint. The Sergent-Detective will contact the company running the game asking the data. You think the company (stillfront/simu) will say they do not control that third party? I totally think Simu will force Tillmen to give them the data.. but let's pretend he won't.

Who do you think they'll ask after? Your provider. Same stuff happened when people were bittorrenting stuff, company sent complaints to the internet providers and they were legally obliged to sent them the use of their users.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Bullshit. You had to stop what you were doing to speak with us because you were caught redhanded overstepping your bounds while acting in an official capacity and now your position is in jeopardy.

Nobody is eager to defend Zaoloo here. That's how badly your reputation has been tarnished over the years. The things you've done have taken you beyond the point of redemption to when you overstep this badly, we'll jump to anyone's defense. Even Zaoloo's. You have nobody's interests or well-being in mind but your own.
    It has nothing to do with how I personally feel about Wyrom or Zaoloo. It's the overreach. Simutronics has no business applying policy to things said outside of their product. Further, the solution is simple and obvious: Advise the offended parties to simply use the ignore feature or not use the software. We should not even be having this discussion. The fact is Wyrom over-stepped. Plain and simple. If I were him, I'd acknowledge the fact and move on. Then we can all go back to enjoying Gemstone, hating Zaoloo, and choosing whether or not we want to take the good with the bad when it comes to LNet.

~Taverkin

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    I'd be curious to check, but a couple years back I heard it was easy to Wireshark anyone's Simu account in a cafe, since it was all plaintext.

Maybe the upgraded security which tracks gasp case entry has already resolved this?

Does anyone know if we can still grab passwords on public wifi? I never tried, but I heard that used to be a cinch (but was irrelevant, since the player base is statistically too small for likely intercept).
    First thing they should teach at the "online security" course: NEVER send anything security sensible over a public wifi

You get intercepted in a matter of seconds. I know some people that lost money cause they wanted to use cheap public wifi in Cuba

8. Default

IF you commit an illegal act on lnet it will go something like this: (Let's pretend something terrible)…

The police will receive the complaint. The Sergent-Detective will contact the company running the game asking the data. You think the company (stillfront/simu) will say they do not control that third party? I totally think Simu will force Tillmen to give them the data.. but let's pretend he won't.

Who do you think they'll ask after? Your provider. Same stuff happened when people were bittorrenting stuff, company sent complaints to the internet providers and they were legally obliged to sent them the use of their users.
    That's what you feel happened? You think Simutronics had their lawyer send a certified letter to Tillmen requesting server logs, then Tillmen gave those logs to the company, which, sure, maybe he would, then Simutronics verified that the data was legitimate and decided to police Zaoloo?

No. If Wyrom had been acting on anyone's authority but his own, he would have never come here to try to shift blame when it started blowing up in his face. He claims that word came down from above him to do this. Not a chance. If he was backed by anyone he would never have showed up here. I suspect that Zaoloo was a player who he felt he wanted to ban but had no policy reason to do so, so he set out to make a paper trail towards getting rid of him.

He overstepped, went out on a limb without permission, and got caught, and now he wants it to quietly go away. No such luck.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 12-17-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Informing someone they are committing a crime and telling them to knock it off is one thing, legally holding Comcast responsible for what their users do? I don't think so.

Blog Entries

I still wanna know who got trolled so hard on lnet they reported it.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.