Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I would agree if I believed for a second anyone's hands on this were anyone but Wyrom's. The first, middle, and last things he tried to do here were shift blame. You can't start off believing one bit, that it started "above him and was totally out of his hands, you guys", and then not believe the rest. In keeping with my disbelief of his honesty, I chose to believe none of it rather than some. He's never proven terribly honest in the past. There's no reason for him to start here now. He even said this forum was beneath his notice in this very thread and was called out for that being false based on his logins every few days.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Not that anyone is asking for my take, but I had to tell Wyrom to go fuck himself several times before they tossed a ban at me. So, yeah, from that whole perspective, they/Wyrom is pretty laid back. The part(s) that tend to get him in "trouble" seem to be the use of the mysterious "powers that be" and "Development" and "feedback". Nameless boogie men that never address situations themselves, either in situations like this or balance/development issues on the forums. So even though he has protested that he is not the community manager, the structure of Simutronics has pushed him into that role, for better or worse. Sprinkle in some situations that are poorly handled because of the unexpected role, and you end up with the only person that anyone can reliably address their frustrations at.

Had you done this in the form of asking a personal favor ("Hey, Zaoloo, we've had some complaints. Do you think you could tone it down a little bit on LNet?), then I wouldn't see a problem.
    This would have been the best way to go about addressing the situation while sorting out the Policy changes.

Cant we all just get along

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Not that anyone is asking for my take, but I had to tell Wyrom to go fuck himself several times before they tossed a ban at me. So, yeah, from that whole perspective, they/Wyrom is pretty laid back. The part(s) that tend to get him in "trouble" seem to be the use of the mysterious "powers that be" and "Development" and "feedback". Nameless boogie men that never address situations themselves, either in situations like this or balance/development issues on the forums. So even though he has protested that he is not the community manager, the structure of Simutronics has pushed him into that role, for better or worse. Sprinkle in some situations that are poorly handled because of the unexpected role, and you end up with the only person that anyone can reliably address their frustrations at.

This would have been the best way to go about addressing the situation while sorting out the Policy changes.
    If he blames <insert administrative role that probably doesn't really formally exist>, or <those GMs he's totally not in charge of cause volunteers> then he's never at fault, for anything.

Baby's first management gig.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    I think it was more the fact wyrom realized he would either have to ban players for using lich and have everyone quit.....or subpoena tillman, and all that drama/time/lawyers/money/bad press over zaoloo talking shit to someone, possibly told to go fuck himself and lich shut down anyway, or take the path of least resistance and decide simu won't enforce policy on lich which is what he decided. More than anyones script code knowhow.
    Now it makes sense why pk is so interested, thinking he's gonna end up getting some free subpoenas out of the deal.

What a stupidhead.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Yeah is feedback actually above Wyrom? I could have sworn from the days of the previous PM (which I can never remember his name for reason) that the PM just answered most emails to feedback himself. In fact I remember when I first came back to GS years ago after a 10+ year break, billing wouldn't let me reactivate my accounts because I couldn't remember the billing information on it (I think I had deleted the information or made it gibberish before I quit) but I had the correct answer to the security question. I wrote to feedback and explained the story and <insert previous PM here> wrote back and said he would allow me to reactivate my account.

All of this is kind of weird in retrospect because I'm pretty sure all the information you need these days is the answer to your security question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    psinet was better
    psinet is an anagram for PENIST

And Jamus was/is definitely a penist.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-18-2018 at 03:48 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What if Simu calls them a Dark Elf instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime View Post
    So I spend 150k to premium portal over to Ta'Illistim to visit a merchant on Martin Luther King day. I'm a dark elf, turns out the merchant is in a "no dark elves allowed bar". Umm on MLK day, so I assist to discuss my 150k wasted to visit this merchant, express a touch of OMG for this event on MLK day, and I get a GM named BESSIE? I'm no dark elf IRL, but OMG, just a touch insensitive. Anyway, the response was "this town is known for not liking dark elves", too bad.
    Some people get mad at that too.

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    Cant we all just get along
    Fuck that, this place would be more boring than a hip hop themed party hosted by Krakii.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronebiggums View Post
    Some people get mad at that too.
    Oh man, thanks for reminding me of that post. Good times.