Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 597

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

  1. Default

    Don't break your arm jerking yourself off

  2. #282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Don't break your arm jerking yourself off
    lolz back. Obviously it wasn't the OP nor any of you other fools that were able to affect positive change, make a compelling argument, look words up in a dictionary, and/or understand some plain text code on your own computer.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    lolz back. Obviously it wasn't the OP nor any of you other fools that were able to affect positive change, make a compelling argument, look words up in a dictionary, and/or understand some plain text code on your own computer.
    Yeah new players sent him spoofed screen shots of lnet and only you could solve the mystery and hack the gibson

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    26,249
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    lolz back. Obviously it wasn't the OP nor any of you other fools that were able to affect positive change, make a compelling argument, look words up in a dictionary, and/or understand some plain text code on your own computer.
    Umm... There were at least two or three others saying it could be spoofed and since Wyrom doesn't control the service he can't see if it is or not. You weren't the only one dude.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  5. Default

    Or he realized when everyone couldn't run bigshot while talking about jeril assfucking midgets on lnet the entire time 75% of the game would quit.

  6. #286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Umm... There were at least two or three others saying it could be spoofed and since Wyrom doesn't control the service he can't see if it is or not. You weren't the only one dude.
    That's fair, and I didn't mean to act like the supreme authority here, but whatever it's PC and in life act big or go home.

    Other people said some stuff, but until you show people, I think it's meaningless.

    It's not like we should be telling trolls these things, so despite the perception, I am not at all proud of this -- it just had to be done.

    Also, don't act like Zaoloo getting spoofed on LNet was due to someone other than yours truly. It was definitely a result of my work here.

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    26,249
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    That's fair, and I didn't mean to act like the supreme authority here, but whatever it's PC and in life act big or go home.

    Other people said some stuff, but until you show people, I think it's meaningless.

    It's not like we should be telling trolls these things, so despite the perception, I am not at all proud of this -- it just had to be done.

    Also, don't act like Zaoloo getting spoofed on LNet was due to someone other than yours truly. It was definitely a result of my work here.
    Can you stop sniffing your own farts? No one cares what you think you did.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  8. #288

    Default

    Kaldonis is legit and everyone else I have on ignore already in this thread can eat a dick.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

    [Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"


  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    That's fair, and I didn't mean to act like the supreme authority here, but whatever it's PC and in life act big or go home.

    Other people said some stuff, but until you show people, I think it's meaningless.

    It's not like we should be telling trolls these things, so despite the perception, I am not at all proud of this -- it just had to be done.

    Also, don't act like Zaoloo getting spoofed on LNet was due to someone other than yours truly. It was definitely a result of my work here.
    Damn maybe you should take over for wyrom

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    Not directed at me, but I'll bite. Lich is free software, but it's a shame that so many people don't take advantage of this fact and investigate the code they are using in order to understand it, produce new scripts, or yes even "hack" it (I use this as a playful fun term, not a way to "crack" a system that one is not authorized on). Go pull Flanagan & Matsumoto's Ruby book off your bookshelf, if you need a reference.

    When people immediately start on about "LOL look how easy it is to spoof a logfile or screencap" the idea is completely misguided. I showed people how to actually modify what other people see in their gamefeeds from Lich. This is nothing new. Even people replying have gotten the false idea that "most characters are protected by passwords" which is completely false.

    There's nothing really nefarious going on here. Indeed, Wyrom (and thus Simu) has largely backed down specifically because I came along and didn't just say a bunch of angry words, but just showed how one can spoof as another person on LNet, so easily that it requires changing one line of code. Of course, I am not a champion of this, and you can hedge your bets where I got said information from. (Protip: Be friendly with code developers of free software, they'll usually toss you a bone.)

    It's the bloody PC. If we don't show up as school teachers, what should we show up for, recess and kickball?
    Weird flex, but ok

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •