Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

I don't think that anyone has failed to notice that most of you are just here to attack one of the leaders of the game this forum is dedicated to. Do any of you actually play anymore?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I don't think that anyone has failed to notice that most of you are just here to attack one of the leaders of the game this forum is dedicated to. Do any of you actually play anymore?
    I don't think that's the case at all. I think there's a handful of players that use the GM's as their righthink police and it's becoming an issue. Personally I think these GM's need to start handing out warnings for people that put in assists for trivial playground bullshit.

There's nothing worse than the type of people that are in the supervisors office on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

Do any of you actually play anymore?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    Someone said you can't spoof a name that is password protected. Not sure if that's true, but that means 99% of the people on lnet can't be spoofed.
    Most characters probably don't have a password attached to LNet. The only people likely to (before this thread) were people who upload to the repo and the mapdb (because you are required to set up a password for that). It's actually a little confusing, because the first time you try it's asking you for a password when there is none, and then you set one up.

Zaoloo got spoofed even during this thread (I posted a log, it wasn't invented), until he set one up later on last night.

I spoof as Kaldonis when I'm playing an alt sometimes to chat as the character most well-known, or people come along in mechanics discussions with "who are you what would you know" nonsense. Even so, I don't think any of my alts have passwords, which is over half a dozen characters. So in fact, we could easily suppose 99% of characters are not password protected.

I've also seen a GM spoofed under Shattered, and not everyone is quick as a tack to see "GSF" is not "GSIV" and catch the trick.
    Last edited by Kaldonis; 12-18-2018 at 08:26 AM.

That is irrelevant. Most here still play and if they don't, it's because of poor choices, like the one Wyrom made, that alienates them.

Stop being so dumb.

6. Default

Better not criticize the president of the united states while living in america!!!!!!!!

As long as we are discussing LNet tricks (that we really shouldn't), here is one of my favorites

Code:
    ;alias add --global spam=;eq 10.times{LNet.get_data("\?", 'locate')}
    What does this do? Well, you won't see anything, but go try to spam Kaldonis. Whether the target allows or even disallows your locates, they'll get spooled 10 lines of garbage to their game feed.

A good friend of mine knows I don't have any pop-ups or audible sounds for chat programs. So when he wanted to find me, he used to spam me to death with locates. But he's not a coder, so he used to just lean on the keyboard. So I coded that one to spam the life out of him even faster when he tries that.

Eventually, you would get punted from LNet etc, if you are not sparing with these kinds of requests. Indeed, there is a feature built-in to LNet where if you chat too many times in a span of time, you start saying stuff about hello kitty etc (I am verbose enough to have encountered this wall). That's the reference when Zaoloo was spoofed last night, though I am sure it wasn't Tillmen doing it to him. I even heard there was, on a time, a particularly annoying character that asked lots of questions, and Tillmen coded an internet-search bot to one-liner reply to anything chatted by this character with a question mark. He could have man-in-the-middle attacked with replacement, but anyway some of us have a sense of humor or know how to code.

Don't believe everything you read on LNet. Also, you can set up your own chat channels, which can even be private.

So.. you would have to play the game in order to know what Wyrom did was wrong?

That's dumb.

That's like time4fun level of stupidity.

Would you like me to apply the Seran Rule to every conversation you ever have about any topic from now on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Glad to see Wyrom has pulled back on the idea of Lnet being in scope of policy. Best outcome we could have hoped for here.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Glad to see Wyrom has pulled back on the idea of Lnet being in scope of policy. Best outcome we could have hoped for here.
    A better outcome would have been that he learned something from this, but his last post here indicates that he's learned nothing and has tried to pass the blame elsewhere:

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Unfortunately, this all started because at least a few people had a problem with some of the terms being thrown out.
    This is incorrect. "This all started" because he did something outside of the purview of his position and once again rightly earned the scorn of the customers that keep him employed. He took direct action against the economic interests of the business for which he works and only started backpedaling because he was caught, to save his own ass.

The best outcome would be for him to be removed and someone competent, with the best interests of the game's health, put in his place.