Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    This opens up a dangerous avenue because if we're talking 0 tolerance EVERYWHERE, that means if I call someone an 'asshole' on any other platform or media, I can be punished for having literally nothing to do with Simutronics.

I'm aware of how caustic and vile some people on LNet can be but fucking man up and ignore them. Fuck letting a company decide what I can and cannot do or say. I nearly fucking died defending the right to call someone an asshole. Don't fucking take your finger and wag it at me because someones feelings got hurt.

Be some goddamn adults and IGNORE that shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19mnzmf4rMQ
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Considerating the following:

1) You need to subscribe to play.net in order to use their products (gs4)
    2) You need to have an account to be logged to gemstone4 in order to use their products (gs4)
    3) Your login and password to access gemstone4 are kept inside ;lich
    4) you accept the TOS to play the game (by logging to your account)
    5) To use ;lich, you need to be logged in gs4.
    6) When logged, you can use the script that affect your ingame experience
    7) In order to ;chat ingame by using ;lich, you need to be logged on your gs4 account.

I could continue on and on.

Legally, I'M 99,9% positive Simu/stillfront are responsable if anything happens bad on lnet. Zaoloo opened a pandora'x box here people.
    While all 7 "followings" are indeed correct, you completely missed

8) LNET channels / chat ARE NOT SEEN IN GAME NOR IN GAME

9) Simutronics DOES NOT support 3rd party software

10) If they are allowed to police / ban because somebody got butthurt because they refused to ;ignore person, ;untune channel then that means your facebook, twitter, twitch, youtube, etc etc etc is subject to the wrath of Simu because you called somebody a bad name that plays Gemstone.

See the point yet, Spock?

This just in:

[LNet]-GSIV:Zaoloo: "HAI!" (22:01:19)
    [LNet]-GSIV:Zaoloo: "Hello Kitty is my favorite. And I like the color pink. I especially love Justin Timberlake" (22:01:54)

The hottest of hot takes.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    LOL

I support their right to scrub balls though!
    Last edited by Astray; 12-17-2018 at 05:17 PM.

[LNet]-GSIV:Lnetpolice: "Please do not take my name in vain" (22:18:25)
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Legally, I'M 99,9% positive Simu/stillfront are responsable if anything happens bad on lnet.
    You are 100% incorrect.

Is Comcast responsible for shit that happens on LNet/Simu since I pay Comcast for the internet connection I use to access LNet/Simu.

I'd be curious to check, but a couple years back I heard it was easy to Wireshark anyone's Simu account in a cafe, since it was all plaintext.

Maybe the upgraded security which tracks gasp case entry has already resolved this?

Does anyone know if we can still grab passwords on public wifi? I never tried, but I heard that used to be a cinch (but was irrelevant, since the player base is statistically too small for likely intercept).

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You are 100% incorrect.

Is Comcast responsible for shit that happens on LNet/Simu since I pay Comcast for the internet connection I use to access LNet/Simu.
    Depends how accessible the data/proof is.

IF you commit an illegal act on lnet it will go something like this: (Let's pretend something terrible)…

The police will receive the complaint. The Sergent-Detective will contact the company running the game asking the data. You think the company (stillfront/simu) will say they do not control that third party? I totally think Simu will force Tillmen to give them the data.. but let's pretend he won't.

Who do you think they'll ask after? Your provider. Same stuff happened when people were bittorrenting stuff, company sent complaints to the internet providers and they were legally obliged to sent them the use of their users.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Bullshit. You had to stop what you were doing to speak with us because you were caught redhanded overstepping your bounds while acting in an official capacity and now your position is in jeopardy.

Nobody is eager to defend Zaoloo here. That's how badly your reputation has been tarnished over the years. The things you've done have taken you beyond the point of redemption to when you overstep this badly, we'll jump to anyone's defense. Even Zaoloo's. You have nobody's interests or well-being in mind but your own.
    It has nothing to do with how I personally feel about Wyrom or Zaoloo. It's the overreach. Simutronics has no business applying policy to things said outside of their product. Further, the solution is simple and obvious: Advise the offended parties to simply use the ignore feature or not use the software. We should not even be having this discussion. The fact is Wyrom over-stepped. Plain and simple. If I were him, I'd acknowledge the fact and move on. Then we can all go back to enjoying Gemstone, hating Zaoloo, and choosing whether or not we want to take the good with the bad when it comes to LNet.

~Taverkin