Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yeah I know that. I mean name changes in GS as a service. I think it was implied that it was thought you were talking about that and of course it'd be a new microtrans.
    Name changes, if ever possible in game, would be easy to track. Just seemed like a weird connection. But he does work for a better company than me and is a much better person, so I'll just live my life hoping to catch a few of his crumbs.

Definitely a bad idea to wade into these waters. Having said that, of course Simu could ban you for things outside the game, they can quite literally ban you for anything they want, so spare me the constitutional arguments. The edgelord quotient is off the charts in this thread. You guys really should have a Con where you can rub on each other IRL.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm not racist, you're racist!
    Insert Tgo's NOU

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Name changes, if ever possible in game, would be easy to track. Just seemed like a weird connection. But he does work for a better company than me and is a much better person, so I'll just live my life hoping to catch a few of his crumbs.
    "guys, I went ahead of myself. Simu won't go beyond their services and that exclude lich as a whole (and all its scripts). I apologize for this situation. I was acting in good faith but it went out of proportion".

Matter solved. Wyrom, my advice.

6. Default

Found the problem. You made a post referencing the "name changes" to lnet all the way back at the beginning of the post, well after the frame of reference for "name changes" was changed when Luntz brought it up as a solution to people being legit stalked and harassed inside the game itself. Combined with your sudden shift to attacking your player base, further represents how disconnected and shit you are at your job.

It also makes sense that the ability to change your name in game would be tied to microtransactions because most of your quality of life improvements have come in the form of items sold for microtrans alternative currencies.
    Last edited by ShuffledTruffles; 12-17-2018 at 04:44 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm not sure why Simu/Stillfront/whoever even wants to get involved in third party sites. If something illegal or really bad happens on these sites at least Simu can legit say "We have no control over third party sites and we do not condone everything that happens on these sites."

By taking a hands on approach and threatening to take action against people for stuff they say on these third party sites aren't you going to open yourself up to a whole lot of shit when something really bad happens and people start wondering why you didn't kick said person off your service?

Just seems odd that you would want to go down this road.
    I don't think they want to, but lnet is inextricably linked with the game. What happens on it may affect the public perception of their product, so it is not irrational for them to attempt to exercise control over what happens on it. They have no real ability to do so other than pulling the plug on lnet; they know they can't without killing the product, so they are in a position where they have to accept the negatives of an unregulated product in exchange for the commercial benefit it brings.

Ultimately, if something bad happens on lnet, it will in some measure be attributable to Simu because they had the ability to end it. Instead of doing so, they implicitly encouraged and directly profited from it.

Don't construe this as in any way sympathetic to Simu. As others have said, this is a beast of their own making.

8. Default

But he does work for a better company than me and is a much better person, so I'll just live my life hoping to catch a few of his crumbs.
    I've said literally none of that. Not a single word of it. But you already knew that. You're just trying to deflect attention off of your own malfeasance.

9. Default

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

I had someone make a Zaoloo in Dragonrealms recently to try and troll me by basically stealing any lich chats I receive, people who hate me put way too much effort into being minor nuisances. I wouldn't put it past the haters to make up some lnet chat logs.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"