Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Bunch of snowflakes, the lot of ya.

One douchebag gets a reprimand for..surprise, surprise....being a douchebag, and ya'll start lawyering up.

Just spitballing here...but while it is true that Lich is third-party software, people *are* logged into Simutronics property while using it. I wonder if that makes a legalese difference in "You have no Authority."
    I'm, also, logged into Netflix while using Simutronics property...because of that do they now have the right to police what content I watch and ban/warn me if I watch something they find too risque?
    Last edited by hideair; 12-17-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    I mean, that's not the case. I hadn't read the PC in quite awhile. I haven't kept up on the day-to-day over here. I've been pretty busy. I do miss chatting with you guys, and while it wasn't my choice to stop, I don't have any issues with the existence of the PC, lnet, etc. Some of you just need to realize I'm doing a job. I'm not the boss of the game. Most importantly, I just want to make sure GemStone IV can exist.
    You're doing a shit job.

One douchebag gets a reprimand for..surprise, surprise....being a douchebag, and ya'll start lawyering up.
    I don't care if Luntz get a reprimand for being a douchebag, it's the overreach I'm referring to here. What's next, can Luntz lodge a complaint against you in game because you called him a douchebag on the PC? If not why not? Why are you special? Clearly the PC isn't the special one in this case because as POLICY 3 clearly states they can enforce this policy on third party sites as well.

Just spitballing here...but while it is true that Lich is third-party software, people *are* logged into Simutronics property while using it. I wonder if that makes a legalese difference in "You have no Authority."
    Legally speaking Simu can do just about anything they want with their property. It's just a shitty policy to try and enforce.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-17-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Most importantly, I just want to make sure GemStone IV can exist.
    This situation certainly won't help that. People had the impression they weren't being policed on lnet, even if it was going on, they had that illusion. That's gone now.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

We had a few people send in the same screenshots. Either way, all parties were spoken with at this time.

Just like this thread, people alerted me to its existence. I haven't checked the PC in quite some time.

I bet you found out about this thread from your other forum: https://forums.elanthia.online

Oh wait...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I'M SPARTACUS

The policy literally cannot be enforced because otherwise, you are terminating people unfairly for their right to expression and free speech. Based entirely on a separate platform.

You should take attempts to police behavior and speech far more seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hideair View Post
    I'm, also, logged into Netflix while using Simutronics property...because of that do they now have the right to police what content I watch and ban/warn me if I watch something they find too risque?
    ..... wut? How?

Ah, n/m, I was interpreting it as you using SGE to open netflix somehow.
    Last edited by Gelston; 12-17-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Luntz View Post
    This situation certainly won't help that. People had the impression they weren't being policed on lnet, even if it was going on, they had that illusion. That's gone now.
    I understand that, but this was something reported to us. But I feel like through all the angst some people pointed out some good concerns which I can bring up about lnet. Trust me when I say this, if I don't have to speak to people about name calling, I'm all for that. I was in the middle of quite a bit of work and had to stop what I was doing to speak with you.
    Last edited by Wyrom; 12-17-2018 at 03:54 PM.

10. Default

Some observations:

- Simu & lnet are symbotic, but posters here are correct that the genie is out of the bottle. Simu decided to let lnet persist (to its ultimate benefit) without addressing the needs it served and now it has a foothold in the game that cannot be withdrawn -- as lnet goes, so goes Gemstone.

- The people on lnet who complained to Wyrom need to be found and banned from lnet. If you can't handle the responsibility of "Pirate Island" and how to resolve things there, then you cannot stay on the island.

- People on here talking about "legal action" need to slow their roll. You're obviously not lawyers, stop pretending to be.

- I don't think anyone disputes the OPs right to free expression, but he can probably stand to be less openly antagonistic on purpose and for no apparent reason.