Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    While you might just be joking, we'll probably need to add some language to POLICY 3 about areas that can have offensive language. It is what it is.
    It doesn't matter because YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY OVER LNET.

You dick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drexen View Post
    I have proof too, not bad for about 10 seconds in paint Attachment 9219

If anyone actually cared they could edit a screenshot anyway they wanted
    Pretty much.

Last edited by Taernath; 12-17-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Guess I'll come out of retirement a moment.

Just so it's clear. We don't police lnet. We were sent logs from several sources about the use of some strong language. Due to POLICY 3 updates and feedback being emailed (chain-of-command over me), the following discussion took place. No GM is monitoring lnet and going through what you say. But players can certainly say something to us. This is the social climate we live in today.
    Wouldn't the appropriate response be to advise the player with the complaint that LNet is not Simutronics software and that their best recourse in the event the issue persists is to not use the third party software in question?

Better yet, wouldn't it be nice if Gemstone came out of the dark ages and had its own built-in global chat channels free of annoying throwback inconveniences like RT/status effects, items/symbols to keep it turned on all the time, etc.? Maybe then the players could have the features they expect in online games coincide with your ability to moderate chat channels according to policy.

Don't get me wrong. Had you done this in the form of asking a personal favor ("Hey, Zaoloo, we've had some complaints. Do you think you could tone it down a little bit on LNet?), then I wouldn't see a problem. This is a small community and such things are not unheard of here. But that's not what you did. You monitored and then you pulled Zaoloo aside in an official capacity to provide an informal warning regarding policy. That absolutely is policing LNet. And I get that Zaoloo is a scumbag. We all know it. Heck, he probably wears a t-shirt that says "Scumbag" with an arrow pointing toward his face and never washes it. But that's beside the point. You overstepped.

By the way, good talking to you again, Wyrom. It's been awhile!

~Taverkin

Wyrom says, "Well you should check POLICY 3."
    Wyrom says, "You haven't each time I suggested it."
    Wyrom says, "I can see everything you type."

What a creepy ass interaction. Heavily implying you have to type "policy 3" before he'll let you go and then following up with "I can see everything you type." What happened to Wyrom?

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Better yet, wouldn't it be nice if Gemstone came out of the dark ages and had its own built-in global chat channels free of annoying throwback inconveniences like RT/status effects, items/symbols to keep it turned on all the time, etc.? Maybe then the players could have the features they expect in online games coincide with your ability to moderate chat channels according to policy.

~Taverkin
    Thanks for this constructive comment. It's a good idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Wyrom says, "Well you should check POLICY 3."
    Wyrom says, "You haven't each time I suggested it."
    Wyrom says, "I can see everything you type."

What a creepy ass interaction. Heavily implying you have to type "policy 3" before he'll let you go and then following up with "I can see everything you type." What happened to Wyrom?
    They can see anything you enter into the game window, whether it is a valid command or not. Except things beginning with ;, which lich intercepts before it arrives there.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    Speaking of constructive, that was really appreciated that you posted the Lnet thing. I didn't know that was so easily possible until now. Now that you've said it though, it might be a good idea to edit that comment down to something like "You can easily spoof a name on Lnet through its core files" rather than spelling out the entire process. That doesn't seem like knowledge that would be good to have this public.

Blog Entries

Interesting...

Threatening violence, using hate speech, and engaging in any sort of personal harassment shall be grounds for immediate account termination, regardless of if it happening in or out of game.

The line above that says only official areas of communication though.
    Last edited by Gelston; 12-17-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Wyrom you check the PC every few days (like days not weeks or months) I keep tabs on your PC account just because.

But seriously though, I don’t think you should be wading into Lich waters. I know you feel like God right now with your crazy Dusk/slots money but I just got a hunch doing so will domino into something bad. Just some friendly advice.

**Finally, to the players: You guys think it’s possible for us to program in incognito mode for Lich? Is Lich open source? Asking since I’m not a leet haxsor programmer.
    Just change your name to gibberish, how Kaldonis showed earlier.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    It's the only solution I see beyond the status quo. The box has been opened. You can't get rid of global chat and anything you might do to discourage its use would be potentially catastrophic for the game. It's one of the pillars of the game now. However, if you designed your own and made it convenient to use, then perhaps players would adopt it and we wouldn't have awkward situations like this cropping up.

~Taverkin