Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    This thread is a goldmine of people who have no idea about computers, the internet, or the law make very matter-of-fact declarations about the legal ramifications of computer software on the internet.
    I mainly specialize in Bird Law

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronebiggums View Post
    You also don't sign your red rep
    You're right. Don't sign my green rep either. I know I have given you a red here or there, maybe a green sometime I don't recall.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I mainly specialize in Bird Law
    Have you played that steam game? If so, was it good? I got it in the Humble Bundle one month and it looks hilarious but I just don't have time to dedicate to it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    You're right. Don't sign my green rep either. I know I have given you a red here or there, maybe a green sometime I don't recall.
    Well, you can only give gray now.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    ...well, that seems completely out of left field.

I realize that I have a contentious relationship with many of the posters here, and I am not particularly nice to them nor are they nice to me, but I am unaware that I have ever tried to "dictate other peoples RP" within the game. Frankly, I would be surprised if anyone felt very positively about Avaia, as she is not very likable.

I am honestly curious, Neveragain, and if you would like to talk about it further either in this thread or PMs I would be happy to do so.
    It's not a big enough deal just like someone being an asshat on lnet is not a big enough deal to drag it into the game. Though I agree that the whole lawyer up BS is rather comical, it's pretty common TOS throughout the MMORPG industry that you don't own your characters.

I don't have a problem with Avaia, though I think her player can be a bit elitist at times. You have good taste in music though so that makes up for it.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Well, you can only give gray now.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Please stop doing the following:

- Showing up in a thread acting like you're a school teacher talking down to a room full of 3rd graders

- Being wrong all the time
    Not directed at me, but I'll bite. Lich is free software, but it's a shame that so many people don't take advantage of this fact and investigate the code they are using in order to understand it, produce new scripts, or yes even "hack" it (I use this as a playful fun term, not a way to "crack" a system that one is not authorized on). Go pull Flanagan & Matsumoto's Ruby book off your bookshelf, if you need a reference.

When people immediately start on about "LOL look how easy it is to spoof a logfile or screencap" the idea is completely misguided. I showed people how to actually modify what other people see in their gamefeeds from Lich. This is nothing new. Even people replying have gotten the false idea that "most characters are protected by passwords" which is completely false.

There's nothing really nefarious going on here. Indeed, Wyrom (and thus Simu) has largely backed down specifically because I came along and didn't just say a bunch of angry words, but just showed how one can spoof as another person on LNet, so easily that it requires changing one line of code. Of course, I am not a champion of this, and you can hedge your bets where I got said information from. (Protip: Be friendly with code developers of free software, they'll usually toss you a bone.)

It's the bloody PC. If we don't show up as school teachers, what should we show up for, recess and kickball?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Insert Tgo's NOU
    You're really bad at this and still don't understand how it works.

It's because you're stupid.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-18-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    It's not a big enough deal just like someone being an asshat on lnet is not a big enough deal to drag it into the game. Though I agree that the whole lawyer up BS is rather comical, it's pretty common TOS throughout the MMORPG industry that you don't own your characters.

I don't have a problem with Avaia, though I think her player can be a bit elitist at times. You have good taste in music though so that makes up for it.
    Fair enough, and thanks!

Wyrom's reply to my email to him syndicating my first post in this thread, where I demonstrated clearly that it is not appropriate to use LNet logs against players:

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom
    Thank you, while I was only trying to address something that came to feedback, this is actually the best part of the thread. It shows that it's not possible to take reports without having actual access. It's shame, this all started because a few new players were turned off from what they believed to be an official channel of GemStone IV.
    You're welcome. Now stop trolling. This was your get out of jail free card.