Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

MY complaint:

Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I bet you found out about this thread from your other forum: https://forums.elanthia.online

Oh wait...
    Heh, burn. I still enjoyed the software over there.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    - I don't think anyone disputes the OPs right to free expression, but he can probably stand to be less openly antagonistic on purpose and for no apparent reason.
    Luntz is obviously a toxic individual and I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if he were banned from GS. But I would want it to be a legit reason for something he did in game, not because someone who can't be bothered to type ;ignore Luntz into their game complained to the GMs about him.

Ignoring someone in game is much different, first of all because it's not an option (unless you download and use my handy dandy script ;squelch) and second of all it affects gameplay if people started ignoring people left and right. Oh I didn't see that other empath say they were gonna heal you so I healed you, oh I have that cleric ignored so I didn't know they were helping you so I raised you first. And etc etc.

But LNet? There is no literally no reason you would need to see someone's words on LNet and the worst thing that could possibly happen is you're confused about a conversation because you're only seeing one side of it. Oh noes!

Post ITT to unban Ordim!

5. Default

Good, get rid of all the toxic trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Only partly joking. For legal purposes, can't you just state outright that conversations on 3rd party platforms are not monitored and thus not the responsibility of Simutronics? Not sure there is a need to explicity sanction offensive language (although I heartily approve of doing so), but, then again, I'm not a lawyer.
    I'm not a lawyer either, but I'm pretty sure that it's not hard for Simutronics to say something like that.

They could probably hire a lawyer for an hour to write a short statement to that effect if they like (I actually thought there was some sort of official statement about third party software and how they're not remotely responsible for it already) then write a nice little customer service version of the phrase that you just copy and paste to anyone who makes an official complaint about something that happens on lnet.

It's absolutely not an official problem at all and it's definitely unreasonable for GMs to get involved in it since it sounds like he was just swearing on lnet. All someone has to do is ignore Zaoloo and the problem would be solved.

It's not like he's creating an army of alts with the aim of harassing an individual or something that's actually serious (though even then, that's not Simutronics's business).
    Last edited by Astru; 12-17-2018 at 04:41 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Trust me when I say this, if I don't have to speak to people about name calling, I'm all for that. I was in the middle of quite a bit of work and had to stop what I was doing to speak with you.
    Bullshit. You had to stop what you were doing to speak with us because you were caught redhanded overstepping your bounds while acting in an official capacity and now your position is in jeopardy.

Nobody is eager to defend Zaoloo here. That's how badly your reputation has been tarnished over the years. The things you've done have taken you beyond the point of redemption to when you overstep this badly, we'll jump to anyone's defense. Even Zaoloo's. You have nobody's interests or well-being in mind but your own.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 12-17-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Bullshit. You had to stop what you were doing to speak with us because you were caught redhanded overstepping your bounds while acting in an official capacity and now your position is in jeopardy.

Nobody is eager to defend Zaoloo here. That's how badly your reputation has been tarnished over the years. The things you've done have taken you beyond the point of redemption to when you overstep this badly, we'll jump to anyone's defense. Even Zaoloo's.
    Me talking on the PC isn't what I'm talking about. I can do this while I work still.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Me talking on the PC isn't what I'm talking about. I can do this while I work still.
    It was very good of you then, to take time out of your busy day to police third party software and harass a player who did nothing through your channels or policies to earn it. Round of applause for Mario, everybody.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post

Nobody is eager to defend Zaoloo here. That's how badly your reputation has been tarnished over the years. The things you've done have taken you beyond the point of redemption to when you overstep this badly, we'll jump to anyone's defense. Even Zaoloo's. You have nobody's interests or well-being in mind but your own.
    So much salt.