Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

1. Default

Lot of people acting like its your right to play Gemstone. Its a business, if you have a negative impact on that business, they can give you the boot. Basically don't be an asshole.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
    Lot of people acting like its your right to play Gemstone. Its a business, if you have a negative impact on that business, they can give you the boot. Basically don't be an asshole.
    Won't be for much longer if they ban people for drama on other platforms.

3. Default

Of course it's a business. They can deny service to anyone they so choose if that person breaks their terms of service or at the end of their service period. The key element here is if they break the terms of service, which the person involved did not do. That person is under contract with Simutronics, Inc. for a 30 day period, and has agreed to their end user license agreement and policies. That person broke none of those policies, but was harassed by an upper management level employee of Simutronics Incorporated who accused him of wrongdoing outside of Simutronics' servers, with zero evidence to back that claim up.

That is not only a breach of contract on behalf of Simutronics, Inc, but also harassment in the eyes of the law. The question is - Was this the action of Simutronics, Inc. as a whole, Stillfront Group, or a single rogue employee acting of their own volition?
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 12-17-2018 at 06:28 PM.

4. Default

Put something ingame policy that lnet is in no way affiliated or endorsed by simutronics or gemstone IV. Start rollin out those simucoin name changes, it's a moneymaker and not allowing them is just lipservice with character transfers everyone does anyway, and actually hinders gameplay imo. Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. BOOM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post
    They wrap themselves in some moral self righteousness and go on a big rant, in which they personally attack others and try to make a mountain out of a molehill because really how dare someone say something about what they did?
    You're willfully missing the bigger issue here. Wyrom took easily faked, second-hand reports off third-party software as evidence of wrongdoing and threatened to invoke policy 3.

You know we're all making fun of you guys, right?
    Who's 'we'? This better not be a 'I'm getting dozens of PMs from people that agree with me' situation.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

6. Default

This the hill you guys are choosing to die on, huh?

How dare someone else say 'Hey maybe tone it down with the personal attacks' to someone else. Did someone get banned? Or locked out? Or...anything? They were told to read POLICY 3. Did I miss something in the log?

Better burn them to the ground.

But anyway, fun read. Really. Thanks guys. Your insanity makes me feel like a better person.

From one of my earlier posts in the thread:

"Don't get me wrong. Had you done this in the form of asking a personal favor ("Hey, Zaoloo, we've had some complaints. Do you think you could tone it down a little bit on LNet?), then I wouldn't see a problem. This is a small community and such things are not unheard of here. But that's not what you did. You monitored and then you pulled Zaoloo aside in an official capacity to provide an informal warning regarding policy. That absolutely is policing LNet. And I get that Zaoloo is a scumbag. We all know it. Heck, he probably wears a t-shirt that says "Scumbag" with an arrow pointing toward his face and never washes it. But that's beside the point. You overstepped."

I say a lot of stupid shit on LNet myself, but I'm not out to ruin anyone's day. I'm just messing around. So had I been approached by Wyrom or any other GM telling me I was really bothering someone and asking if I could tone it down, absolutely I would. And I wouldn't even care that they were "monitoring" LNet. I mean, it's open to everyone, right? It would be naive to assume that GMs don't listen in. But it crosses a line with me when they attempt to enforce policy based on what is said on LNet. In my opinion, that's none of their business and you don't get to play the "friend" card with me when acting in an official enforcement capacity.

So, no, there's nothing unreasonable about asking Zaoloo to shut the fuck up. I mean, I do it pretty much daily. But that's really beside the point here.

~Taverkin

Your right to boot me flies out the window the moment I am no longer engaging in your content or services.

A breach of contract and harassment under the eyes of the law? You are a fucking idiot.

You know what normal people do, when they are told 'Hey don't call people names?'

They go 'Oh my bad, I'll tone it down.'

You know what fucking nuts people do?

They wrap themselves in some moral self righteousness and go on a big rant, in which they personally attack others and try to make a mountain out of a molehill because really how dare someone say something about what they did?

You know we're all making fun of you guys, right?
    Hey don’t call people names.

Wyrom please ban this guy in game for calling me an asshole. Thanks.