Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

1. Default

Please also take note of the fact that getting Zaoloo to read POLICY 3 in that situation almost certainly means they made changes to POLICY 3 to apply specifically to that situation, because Zaoloo's character wasn't logged as having read it since the last update.

It's very possible they received a complaint, changed policy 3 to cover it, and then forced Zaoloo to re-read the policy for proof that they'd covered it with him before nailing him on it next time it comes up.

2. Default

Develop the necessary infrastructure to support current-day needs/wants of the customer? nnaaaaah they'd rather make more cashgrabs before we all get arthritis from typing so much and stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    It's the only solution I see beyond the status quo. The box has been opened. You can't get rid of global chat and anything you might do to discourage its use would be potentially catastrophic for the game. It's one of the pillars of the game now. However, if you designed your own and made it convenient to use, then perhaps players would adopt it and we wouldn't have awkward situations like this cropping up.

~Taverkin
    Dragonrealms has a command, I think it's OOC, for a global chat. I would imagine that could be ported over fairly easily.

4. Default

Lol I had zaoloo ignored for a while. But not anymore lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Just like this thread, people alerted me to its existence. I haven't checked the PC in quite some time.
    "I don't care about you losers on the PC, someone alerted me to this thread so I decided to reply."

It's pretty bad when Luntz is the person you feel sympathy for in a conversation, I didn't even know that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Just change your name to gibberish, how Kaldonis showed earlier.
    True or false:

If literacy improved, LNet would get better.

Discuss.

7. Default

They need to offer character name changes to diffuse player feuds instead of trying to police LNET, people buy and sell characters anyway and they can spend their time policing scammers abusing that system and not out of game player interactions.

Bunch of snowflakes, the lot of ya.

One douchebag gets a reprimand for..surprise, surprise....being a douchebag, and ya'll start lawyering up.

Just spitballing here...but while it is true that Lich is third-party software, people *are* logged into Simutronics property while using it. I wonder if that makes a legalese difference in "You have no Authority."

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    "I don't care about you losers on the PC, someone alerted me to this thread so I decided to reply."

It's pretty bad when Luntz is the person you feel sympathy for in a conversation, I didn't even know that was possible.
    I mean, that's not the case. I hadn't read the PC in quite awhile. I haven't kept up on the day-to-day over here. I've been pretty busy. I do miss chatting with you guys, and while it wasn't my choice to stop, I don't have any issues with the existence of the PC, lnet, etc. Some of you just need to realize I'm doing a job. I'm not the boss of the game. Most importantly, I just want to make sure GemStone IV can exist.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Bunch of snowflakes, the lot of ya.

One douchebag gets a reprimand for..surprise, surprise....being a douchebag, and ya'll start lawyering up.

Just spitballing here...but while it is true that Lich is third-party software, people *are* logged into Simutronics property while using it. I wonder if that makes a legalese difference in "You have no Authority."
    .......you're a fucking idiot.