Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

1. Default

So are people believing that people sent him screens or he read zaoloos game window history and doesn't wanna admit it?
    if you type ;lnet suck my cock bitches into the game window but it isn't a gs verb you think they aren't able to see that?

Blog Entries

I don't think anyone doubts GMs watch lnet, and they can also see user inputs, which has come up a few times over the years.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    I don’t believe the “;lnet” commands are actually part of the game. I say this because I wrote a script solely based on “;lnet” commands I would come back after an hour and I would always be logged off, one time I finally scrolled above and found that I was logged for inactivity (my script never sent actions into the game itself just kept tabs on lnet chat). Therefore, you can reasonably assume that “;lnet” commands never enter the game at any point. Again, an assumption.
    you're typing it into the game window, just because it isn't a responsive command doesn't mean it isn't sent

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    if you type ;lnet suck my cock bitches into the game window but it isn't a gs verb you think they aren't able to see that?
    Lich runs a local server that all your commands are sent through first and then either processed by lich or sent to the GS servers proper. The semicolon defines which goes where. So yeah, if you are running lich and type ";anything you want" they can't see that. If you start off with ; anything after it is parsed by lich only. I believe that also works in the other direction, so all the incoming traffic from the game client goes through lich first and then goes to the local client you have running for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    It has nothing to do with how I personally feel about Wyrom or Zaoloo. It's the overreach. Simutronics has no business applying policy to things said outside of their product. Further, the solution is simple and obvious: Advise the offended parties to simply use the ignore feature or not use the software. We should not even be having this discussion. The fact is Wyrom over-stepped. Plain and simple. If I were him, I'd acknowledge the fact and move on. Then we can all go back to enjoying Gemstone, hating Zaoloo, and choosing whether or not we want to take the good with the bad when it comes to LNet.

~Taverkin

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post
    You know what normal people do, when they are told 'Hey don't call people names?'

They go 'Oh my bad, I'll tone it down.'

You know what fucking nuts people do?

They wrap themselves in some moral self righteousness and go on a big rant, in which they personally attack others and try to make a mountain out of a molehill because really how dare someone say something about what they did?

You know we're all making fun of you guys, right?
    I hope Wyrom pulls you up and forces you to read POLICY.

And honestly... What would you know about normal people?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Lich runs a local server that all your commands are sent through first and then either processed by lich or sent to the GS servers proper. The semicolon defines which goes where. So yeah, if you are running lich and type ";anything you want" they can't see that. If you start off with ; anything after it is parsed by lich only. I believe that also works in the other direction, so all the incoming traffic from the game client goes through lich first and then goes to the local client you have running for the game.
    Well that's good at least

So long Gemstone.

Why? Because racecar.

Player of Durakar

10. Default

I know many of you don't read the official forums, but Wyrom posted this announcement there a little while ago:

"A handful of situations have occurred recently that are causing us to alter the language used in POLICY 3. The most recent situation that has occurred is concerning Lich's lnet function and what is and isn't covered by POLICY 3. We also had an issue within the last 60 days where a player was threatened with violence over an unofficial Discord server's voice channel. And finally, we had another unofficial Discord server bullying a few players that were being accused of violating POLICY 18, when they were not.

While we want to keep our players from being involved in disruptive behavior that they do not consent to, we have to draw the line where we can uphold our policy. That line being in-game, our forums, our wiki, and our official Discord server. It will need to be the player's responsibility to participate in unofficial areas and deal with how it's moderated.

POLICY 3 will have an update to specifically name areas where POLICY cannot be enforced shortly."

Thank you, Wyrom, for being perfectly clear on this. If I may say so, you did the right thing.

~Taverkin