Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

I was pulled in between duskruin runs a few minutes ago for this interaction between Wyrom and myself, as you can see lnet is not off limits and GM's are indeed watching.

Zaoloo just appeared.
    You feel yourself being pulled away...
    [Consultation Lounge]
    The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
    Obvious exits: none
    >say hellooo
    You say, "Hellooo."
    >
    The scent of death and decay wafts by as GameMaster Wyrom shambles in.
    >
    Wyrom smiles.
    >stare
    You stare at nothing in particular.
    >
    Wyrom says, "Hey there."
    >say what did I do!
    You exclaim, "What did I do!"
    >cack
    You cackle!
    >say was it the potion
    You say, "Was it the potion."
    >smirk
    You smirk behind your pale flaxen half-mask, but no one can see it.
    >stare
    You stare at nothing in particular.
    >
    Wyrom says, "Well, we're getting a lot of complaints about the language on lnet. We don't police lnet, but it can fall under POLICY 3 if people feel attacked."
    >say really...
    You say, "Really..."
    >;tune lnet
    >;chat lmao Wyrom says, "Well, we're getting a lot of complaints about the language on lnet. We don't police lnet, but it can fall under POLICY 3 if people feel attacked."
    >say alright well I guess I'll just not talk to anyone anymore
    You say, "Alright well I guess I'll just not talk to anyone anymore."
    >
    Wyrom says, "We've had a few people send in logs."
    >say cool to know
    You say, "Cool to know."
    >say yea cause those can't be changed
    You say, "Yea cause those can't be changed."
    >
    Wyrom says, "Well I was able to confirm them."
    >say people paste fake things i don't say on lnet constantly
    You say, "People paste fake things i don't say on lnet constantly."
    >shrug
    You shrug.
    >say yea I say dumb stuff on lnet, its not in game
    You say, "Yea I say dumb stuff on lnet, its not in game."
    >say I didn't know you were policing it
    You say, "I didn't know you were policing it."
    >;chat literally pulled for crybaby losers
    Wyrom says, "I know, but check POLICY 3 though."
    >say I've been on lnet for years
    You say, "I've been on lnet for years."
    >say said a lot of dumb stuff
    You say, "Said a lot of dumb stuff."
    >say many many years, never had any complaints or anything so
    You say, "Many many years, never had any complaints or anything so."
    >say its kinda hard to just *know* these things
    You say, "Its kinda hard to just *know* these things."
    >say but thank you for telling me
    You say, "But thank you for telling me."
    >
    Wyrom nods.
    >;chat yes fucking losers
    >;chat hahaha
    >;chat I hurt some fee fees so bad on lnet wyrom pulled me
    Wyrom says, "Like I said, we don't police it, we're just getting complaints about the use of some terms."
    >;chat lmfaooooooooooooooooooooo
    >;chat safe space needed
    >say well it sure sounds like you do
    >shrug
    You say, "Well it sure sounds like you do."
    >
    You shrug.
    >say doesn't matter to me
    You say, "Doesn't matter to me."
    >say just good to know
    You say, "Just good to know."
    >say I can censor myself
    You say, "I can censor myself."
    >
    Wyrom nods.
    >
    Wyrom says, "Alright, I'll send you back."
    >say like I said I assumed ooc platform, third party etc
    You say, "Like I said I assumed ooc platform, third party etc."
    >;chat yes
    >;chat 100% legit
    Wyrom says, "Well you should check POLICY 3."
    >;chat hahahaha
    Wyrom says, "You haven't each time I suggested it."
    >say well it's good to know
    You say, "Well it's good to know."
    >
    Wyrom says, "I can see everything you type."
    >policy 3

GemStone IV Player Policy: Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior

General Behavior

Because GemStone IV is a multi-player game, there can sometimes be a conflict between an individual player's idea of entertainment and that of the majority of the players as a whole. In such situations, the majority will be given the greatest weight.

GemStone IV is designed for the enjoyment of everyone, and as a general rule, any behavior which is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player may be in violation of GemStone IV policy. While what is disruptive is an extremely long list, it includes things such as vulgarity, harassment, sexual misconduct, cyber-bullying, out of character threats, doxing, and actions specifically targeted to be disruptive.

This applies to all interactions within the in-game environment, the official GSIV Forums, GSWiki, and any areas of official communication.

Threatening violence, using hate speech, and engaging in any sort of personal harassment shall be grounds for immediate account termination, regardless of if it happening in or out of game.

Vulgarity

Vulgarity in GemStone IV is prohibited. Using vulgarity in non-private areas of the game can cause your character to undergo stricter monitoring, and depending on the severity of the language used, result in harsh penalties. It is important to have consent when using graphic language and to engage in private communication. POLICY 17 also touches base on privacy and what locales are considered non-private that are commonly mistaken as private areas. Masked vulgarity through alternate spelling and abbreviations can be considered graphic language, even though it is more accepted in general conversation outside of GemStone IV.

Buyer Beware

When making a purchase from another player, there are several ways everyone can protect themselves from getting scammed, such as asking to see the note or contents of a container before buying, getting a bard to LORESING, having a warrior ASSESS, casting Elemental Detection, and using one of the magic crystals (such as the one in the Abandoned Inn). In order to avoid someone running off with your money before handing over an item, use the EXCHANGE verb. All buyers are responsible for protecting themselves from dishonest dealers, so it is a good idea to check into the reputation of a seller when making a large investment of silvers. Remember, if something seems too good to be true, it most likely is!

While GemStone IV is a "buyer beware" economy when exchanging items between other players, purposely participating in fraudulent activity to steal or cheat someone of their items, silvers, or other in-game currency can result in an official warning or a permanent lockout. Items obtained through fraud are subject to confiscation.

Your next unread page is page 1.
    >say cause I have ready policy
    You say, "Cause I have ready policy."
    >say many times
    >
    You say, "Many times."
    >say as you know
    You say, "As you know."
    >say it's condescending to tell me that
    You say, "It's condescending to tell me that."
    >policy 3

GemStone IV Player Policy: Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior

General Behavior

Because GemStone IV is a multi-player game, there can sometimes be a conflict between an individual player's idea of entertainment and that of the majority of the players as a whole. In such situations, the majority will be given the greatest weight.

GemStone IV is designed for the enjoyment of everyone, and as a general rule, any behavior which is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player may be in violation of GemStone IV policy. While what is disruptive is an extremely long list, it includes things such as vulgarity, harassment, sexual misconduct, cyber-bullying, out of character threats, doxing, and actions specifically targeted to be disruptive.

This applies to all interactions within the in-game environment, the official GSIV Forums, GSWiki, and any areas of official communication.

Threatening violence, using hate speech, and engaging in any sort of personal harassment shall be grounds for immediate account termination, regardless of if it happening in or out of game.

Vulgarity

Vulgarity in GemStone IV is prohibited. Using vulgarity in non-private areas of the game can cause your character to undergo stricter monitoring, and depending on the severity of the language used, result in harsh penalties. It is important to have consent when using graphic language and to engage in private communication. POLICY 17 also touches base on privacy and what locales are considered non-private that are commonly mistaken as private areas. Masked vulgarity through alternate spelling and abbreviations can be considered graphic language, even though it is more accepted in general conversation outside of GemStone IV.

Buyer Beware

When making a purchase from another player, there are several ways everyone can protect themselves from getting scammed, such as asking to see the note or contents of a container before buying, getting a bard to LORESING, having a warrior ASSESS, casting Elemental Detection, and using one of the magic crystals (such as the one in the Abandoned Inn). In order to avoid someone running off with your money before handing over an item, use the EXCHANGE verb. All buyers are responsible for protecting themselves from dishonest dealers, so it is a good idea to check into the reputation of a seller when making a large investment of silvers. Remember, if something seems too good to be true, it most likely is!

While GemStone IV is a "buyer beware" economy when exchanging items between other players, purposely participating in fraudulent activity to steal or cheat someone of their items, silvers, or other in-game currency can result in an official warning or a permanent lockout. Items obtained through fraud are subject to confiscation.

Your next unread page is page 1.
    >say I will censor myself though its no problem really
    You say, "I will censor myself though its no problem really."
    >
    Wyrom says, "POLICY 3 was updated not too long ago about this this year."
    >say I don't *need* to chat to people on lnet
    You say, "I don't *need* to chat to people on lnet."
    >say it's good to know the rules ya know
    You say, "It's good to know the rules ya know."
    >
    Wyrom nods.
    >say I try to play in the boundaries even if I'm a dick sometimes
    You say, "I try to play in the boundaries even if I'm a dick sometimes."
    >chort
    >
    You chortle.
    >
    Wyrom grins.
    >;chat posting the log on pc after lmao
    >say alright I am set
    You say, "Alright I am set."
    >
    Wyrom nods.
    >say won't chat to people on lnet anymore
    You say, "Won't chat to people on lnet anymore."
    >
    Wyrom waves to you.
    >say thanks much
    You say, "Thanks much."
    >wave
    You wave.
    >
    The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...
    [Duskruin Arena, Descent]
    Sloping downward into the mountainside, the dim tunnel ends at an expansive stone archway that serves as the entrance to a bright chamber beyond. To one side, another tunnel appears to have once been started, but never finished, leaving deep gouges in the walls. You also see a polished steel metal breastplate.
    Obvious exits: southeast
    Last edited by Luntz; 12-17-2018 at 06:43 PM.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"