Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Guess I'll come out of retirement a moment.

Just so it's clear. We don't police lnet. We were sent logs from several sources about the use of some strong language. Due to POLICY 3 updates and feedback being emailed (chain-of-command over me), the following discussion took place. No GM is monitoring lnet and going through what you say. But players can certainly say something to us. This is the social climate we live in today.
    Strong language on a platform you dont control and have no authority over. Not to mention that platform saves your game from your own incompetence.

Take a hint, back down.

More nazi moderation from Simutronics, how are they able to confirm anything if they are not monitoring it? I just walked into my backyard and yelled that Simutronics is a money grubbing crock of shit company that exploits any help it gets and the success of the game is in spite of them and not because of them. Am I violating policy 3 now even though I said nothing in game?
    Last edited by Drexen; 12-17-2018 at 02:55 PM.

We had a few people send in the same screenshots. Either way, all parties were spoken with at this time.

Just like this thread, people alerted me to its existence. I haven't checked the PC in quite some time.

Blog Entries

Did you tell these "people above you" what LNet is? Are they aware it isn't a Simutronics product? Perhaps you should make sure they understand that.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Did you tell these "people above you" what LNet is? Are they aware it isn't a Simutronics product? Perhaps you should make sure they understand that.
    They are aware it's third-party software that overlays the game, and that 87% of online users are using it.

And that Simutronics has nothing to do with it and no control over it?

We had a few people send in the same screenshots. Either way, all parties were spoken with at this time.

Just like this thread, people alerted me to its existence. I haven't checked the PC in quite some time.
    You have no authority though. Fuck your policy because it doesn't apply to lnet.

8. Default

I'm going to go ahead and forward this thread's link to to Stillfront's legal team. They're gonna want to jump on this before it becomes more of an issue. You've way overstepped your bounds again. Zaoloo, you should be threatening legal action against the company.

We don't normally tell people this, but if you copy lnet.lic to say, lnet2.lic and go to around line 110, go comment this out and change it:

element.add_attribute('name', 'Kaldonis')
    #element.add_attribute('name', XMLData.name)
    Now you go chat as anyone that hasn't protected their ID with their password in some manner.

They are aware it's third-party software that overlays the game, and that 87% of online users are using it.
    Are they aware that most of those 87% would probably stop playing the game if it ever went away, so maybe it's a pretty good idea NOT to mess with that system?