Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: Shop Updates

Default Official: Shop Updates

Shops commonly found at events will now display (most of) the item properties when INSPECTed. Gone are the days where you have to guess what you're buying.

Here are some examples.

You carefully inspect a blue crystal for sale.
    It is currently imbedded with the Spirit Strike spell.
    It has 1 charges remaining.
    It could be activated by rubbing it.
    It will disintegrate after its last charge is depleted.
    It is a small item, under a pound.
    The crystal can not be worn.

You carefully inspect a small statue for sale.
    It is currently imbedded with the Spirit Guard spell.
    It has 4 charges remaining.
    It could be activated by rubbing it.
    It will disintegrate after its last charge is depleted.
    It appears to weigh about 2 pounds.
    The statue can not be worn.

You carefully inspect a twisted lor runestaff capped with an absinthe green pearl for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +25 more than usual.
    It has been infused with the power of a fire elemental.
    It provides a boost of 5 to Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy Bonus.
    It provides a boost of 10 to Elemental Mana Control Bonus.
    The runestaff looks to have a huge number of charges remaining.
    It will persist after its last charge is depleted.
    It appears to weigh about 3 pounds.
    The runestaff requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively. It appears to be a modified rune staff.

You carefully inspect a wide mithglin pixane festooned with tiny rubies for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +5 more than usual.
    It provides a boost of 3 to Logic Bonus.
    It provides a boost of 3 to Mana Recovery.
    The pixane looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.
    It appears to weigh about 3 pounds.
    This is a defensive bonus piece of armor.
    The pixane is miscellaneous armor that protects the wearer in general.
    The pixane can be worn around the neck. The pixane appears to serve some purpose.

If you notice any oddities, please BUG them in game. This update will be live shortly after this post.

Wyrom, PM

This message was originally posted in General GemStone IV Discussion, Items and Inventory. To discuss the above, follow the link below.
    http://forums.play.net/forums/19/325/2292/view/3410

Awesome change. Also that's a DB neckpiece. backdoor teaser for new duskruin shop item?
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

My guess is those last 2 items are Treasure Trove options.

<< "To be clear, this is just for "event" shops (and other shops in the game). Playershops, ORDER shops, and one-off oddities are not included in this update.
    Wyrom, PM" >>

Tsk, pawnshops not included. Ah well.

Last edited by Askip; 12-13-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Better late than never. They really should include pawnshop with this though.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    If they can't implement this system on pawnshop stuff, then something like the donation tables that CHE's have, with the tags, could be a decent bandaid... have a blackboard on each pawnshop's table that gives basic details like this for each item on that table.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

[Cendadric's Collectibles]
    An elegant, flower-patterned rug covers most of the floor, reaching almost all the way to the ivory silk-covered walls. Hanging from the walls are exquisite antique paintings and weapons, and a bookshelf against one wall displays a collection of well-worn books. Rosewood tables lined up in the center of the room display various weapons, armors, arcane items, and other goods. You also see a carved rosewood arch.
    Obvious exits: none

>l on arm tab
    On the armor table you see an old carmiln buckler, some thick reinforced leather, some scarred old double leather, a blackened mithglin aegis, some scarred light leather, some embossed vultite leg greaves, some gleaming glaes leg greaves, an etched vaalorn shield, some gold-lined red fleece robes, an embossed glaes chain hauberk, some cinched black velvet robes, an embossed kakore aegis, some long woolen robes, an embossed deringo aegis, some golden full leather, a carmiln aegis, a polished mossbark aegis, an embossed imflass aventail, a scratched hoarbeam aegis and a polished leather breastplate.

>inspect buckler
    You carefully inspect an old carmiln buckler for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +6 more than usual.
    It appears to weigh about 6 pounds.

Your careful inspection of an old carmiln buckler allows you to conclude that it is a small shield that protects the bearer if carried in the left hand.

You determine that you could wear the buckler, slinging it across your shoulders and back. The buckler appears to serve some purpose.

[Pawn Shop, Backroom - 409]
    You notice a miscellaneous table with some stuff on it, an armor table with some stuff on it, a magic table with some stuff on it and a weapon table with some stuff on it.
    Also here: -someone-
    Obvious exits: out

>l on table
    On the miscellaneous table:
    Special [9]: a faceted red dreamstone necklace, a ceramic bottle of rune ink, a long rat-hair brush, a pair of delightful thrak hide sandals, a pair of passable puma hide boots laced with silk cord, a simple white sunstone ring, a chased silver alloy pin, an ivory-inlaid mithril alloy headband, an ivory-inlaid pewter circlet
    Total items: 9

>inspect ring
    You carefully inspect a simple white sunstone ring for sale.
    It provides a boost of 5 to Perception Bonus.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 10 times.
    It provides a boost of 6 to Max Health.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 14 times.
    It provides a boost of 1 to Spirit Mana Control Bonus.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 1 times.
    The ring looks to have a lot of charges remaining.
    It is a small item, under a pound.

Wowzers, well done Simu!
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Nice update now that paunshots are included.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Doubt implementing this on pawnshops is as much a technical limitation as it is a gameplay decision.

If they included this change in pawnshops, wouldn’t it almost make the bard’s singing ability worthless? I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro