Thread: Duskruin: Hess Updates (Dec 2018)

Default Duskruin: Hess Updates (Dec 2018)

A good number of HESS items were retired for this run. I had made a post toward the end of June's run, and most of those things have retired. Here is the full list of retired items from HESS.

Everything on the weapon rack.
    Everything on the armor stand.
    Ironwright certificate.
    Greater Elemental certificate.
    Blink certificate.
    Bubble Flares certificate.
    Knockout Flares certificate.
    Polearm Flares certificate.
    Master Instrument certificate.
    The enruned veniom band.
    The enruned urglaes ring.
    The white ora censer.

Some items previously in HESS have been relocated. But here is a list of items that were relocated.

Enchanting potions (Treasure Trove).
    Phoenix sphere (Treasure Trove).
    ClimateWear unlock certs (Mar and Scar).
    Standards (Treasure Trove).

This means that the rack, stand, and table are no longer in the Scrip Shop (HESS), and it will just be the chest of certificates that you REDEEM.

Added this time around are AsG Changes, Weight Reducing add-ons to containers, VolnArmor unlocks, and splitters. VolnArmor's price has been reduced since last time by a little bit. AsG and WR are the same the last time they were here. WR can go over 50%. Splitter's price has increased significantly.

This shop will have a staggered opening by roughly an hour from when Duskruin opens.

Moving forward, to help with how you save your bloodscrip and plan your Duskruin experience, shop inventory will remain the same for an entire year before being rotated or retired. This will be the case with most shops at Duskruin (though we may add new things during future runs, we will not retire/rotate until at least one year). That time frame will start in December.

----
    **Wyrom, PM**
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ena/view/10058

just me or does the new "additions" feel quite lacking compared to what was taken out? i would like to see things like the healing tattoos or other stuff added. the WR will be priced stupid like the 50k-100k BS for 5%, nobody bit on that at CCF and won't bite here.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrii View Post
    just me or does the new "additions" feel quite lacking compared to what was taken out? i would like to see things like the healing tattoos or other stuff added. the WR will be priced stupid like the 50k-100k BS for 5%, nobody bit on that at CCF and won't bite here.
    I'm hoping the list of additions is very incomplete and they're just leaving out the good stuff for some reason. Otherwise yes I absolutely agree.

They went and removed kroderine right as I bloody started playing the game again! Talk about bad timing on my part...

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrii View Post
    some of their pricing is just insane. IronWright was way overpriced, i thought splitting was already overpriced and now they're raising it, apparently?
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

It’s amazingly retarded that, at least if I remember correctly, their reasoning for scaling prices is to limit availability due to game balance concerns. On P2W items that people pay hundreds/thousands for.

If they’re paying that much, let anyone who wants to throw that kind of money at it be OP. It’s a PvE game, who seriously gives a fuck about “balance” in this regard?

I’m sure that’s just their PR answer though and they just want to see where people will draw the line as to how much shit they’ll be willing to eat while still throwing their money at them.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-13-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It’s amazingly retarded that, at least if I remember correctly, their reasoning for scaling prices is to limit availability due to game balance concerns. On P2W items that people pay hundreds/thousands for.

If they’re paying that much, let anyone who wants to throw that kind of money at it be OP. It’s a PvE game, who seriously gives a fuck about “balance” in this regard?

I’m sure that’s just their PR answer though and they just want to see where people will draw the line as to how much shit they’ll be willing to eat while still throwing their money at them.
    That may be the outward reasoning, but the real reason for scaling prices like that is to create a sense of urgency and the illusion of rarity. It's QVC sales tactics putting a timer on stuff mixed with Apple pretending their factories might not crank out enough iPhones for you to get one unless you get it RIGHT JUST NOW HURRY. It's an effective, but shitty marketing tactic.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 12-13-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    ^^^ This.

It's a PvE game, who cares? Probably the primary reason why Simu can't duplicate this in DragonRealms, since that game is primarily a PvP game where PvE is only there to make yourself more powerful for the actual PvPing.
    Do people even play DR anymore.