Thread: Duskruin: Treasure Trove

Default Duskruin: Treasure Trove

New this run is the Treasure Trove. This is a solution to unique/jackpot (T5/T6) feeder drops and something we will continue to fine tune at future (pay) events.

The Treasure Trove is a hybrid shop mechanic that will randomize an item for sale, as well as give a peek at items to come. Because you want to know what you're buying, you'll want to be sure to INSPECT each item. We've tried to include all the relevant information that is important to make an informed purchase decision. No need to read a sign for these!

Items will range from mid-tier value to high-tier value and will have a similar feel to what you'd see when digging. We will be deploying this system with a few anti-camping measures to try to keep this system as fair across the board as we can. Things such as no loitering, no purchase sniping, and no locking items out for others. Due to the nature of the Treasure Trove, it will be a feature only accessible to paid subscribers.

And just to whet your appetite in terms of what sort of items to expect, I'll list just a handful.

No code has to be inserted here.

Most items will be one-of-a-kind, but there may be larger quantities of certain items, such as the enchanting potions that were relocated to this system or the expanders that were a rare drop in the sewers.

The Treasure Trove will have a heap of items loaded into it. And just to repeat, we will be fine tuning it. This is its debut.

Wyrom, PM
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ena/view/10059
    Last edited by Alastir; 12-12-2018 at 02:04 AM.

I think this is going to be awesome. I am happy to say goodbye to the repetitive nature of digging games.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    I think this is going to be awesome. I am happy to say goodbye to the repetitive nature of digging games.
    I like finding neat stuff. However not finding neat stuff or being picked for spins sucks, so this maybe better. Now I can concentrate on just farming seashells/bloodscrip etc

Lnet is going to be FILLED with random shit we are all supposed to pretend is worth something, just because Simu randomly selected an arbitrary price point for it. Should be entertaining.

[Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

40 books I think? that's if each book is 10m silvers of course like you said it's early

So instead of getting a T5/T6 from either your arena run or sewers, they put those items in a shop and you have to buy them now? Just making sure I understand that correctly. If so, won't that dramatically decrease the popularity of sewers because farming is now more important and you can get more scrip from the arena vs. the sewers.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    So instead of getting a T5/T6 from either your arena run or sewers, they put those items in a shop and you have to buy them now? Just making sure I understand that correctly. If so, won't that dramatically decrease the popularity of sewers because farming is now more important and you can get more scrip from the arena vs. the sewers.
    I'd still do sewers because you can potentially find nice weapons/ enhancives still.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    I'd still do sewers because you can potentially find nice weapons/ enhancives still.
    Yes, sewers will still be fun
    Last edited by Amerek; 12-12-2018 at 12:42 PM.