Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Government Shutdown of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    When they have a government shutdown, what exactly gets shut down besides the parks? How much of the budget is actually impacted during a shutdown? Is this going to bring Trump the 5b he wants for the wall or is it more posturing than anything?
    Essential services like police and hospitals aren't shut down. Social security, military payments, and stuff like that is still funded because that comes from a different fund. Pretty sure the IRS keeps working too.

Other than that all federal employees basically get a free paid vacation because once the government starts back up again they'll receive pay for all of the days they were furloughed, the only catch being they have to make do without receiving a paycheck until then.

I think a government shutdown is more psychological to people than anything else because "government shutdown" sounds ominous and they don't understand exactly what it entails

Also parks typically aren't closed during a government shutdown, that was just Obama's doing to make Republicans look bad. Why would a park or a veteran memorial need to be shut down just because the federal government is temporarily shut down? It's a park, it's not Fort Knox.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-11-2018 at 10:36 PM.

2. Default

When they have a government shutdown, what exactly gets shut down besides the parks? How much of the budget is actually impacted during a shutdown? Is this going to bring Trump the 5b he wants for the wall or is it more posturing than anything?
    It's just posturing from Trump. His wall isn't going to get built.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    One of the ancient wonders of the world is a great wall. Look it up.

Who is we? Who do you think you speak for?

Regressive in that no one owned land before people decided they could own land. There were no borders before people made borders.

I never said erase borders.

This whole border wall was never going to happen. You were a sucker, bought right in to it, and voted for Trump. He got what he wanted. You and everyone else who believed him are not getting a damn $5 billion wall that Mexico is sure as hell not paying for.
    It's like you enjoy wallowing in stupidity, before borders people were at constant war and plagues were rampant.

I didn't vote for Trump.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

All unessential employees are asked to go home.

Here's a thought: If we literally have people doing jobs that are classified as "unessential", maybe do away with those jobs?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    All unessential employees are asked to go home.

Here's a thought: If we literally have people doing jobs that are classified as "unessential", maybe do away with those jobs?
    They are unessential for keeping the Government working, basically a skeleton crew. They are still needed for efficiency and such. You think shit like the VA is slow now? Imagine how worse it would be with all its staff gone.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

One of the ancient wonders of the world is a great wall. Look it up.

Who is we? Who do you think you speak for?

Regressive in that no one owned land before people decided they could own land. There were no borders before people made borders.

I never said erase borders.

This whole border wall was never going to happen. You were a sucker, bought right in to it, and voted for Trump. He got what he wanted. You and everyone else who believed him are not getting a damn $5 billion wall that Mexico is sure as hell not paying for.
    So, you believe every country should have open borders? There should be no countries and people should be able to go and do as they please anywhere in the world?

I'll give you this: At least you have the courage to actually own it. You're ideas are about as retarded as they get, but you at least stand up for them.

Kudos.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They are unessential for keeping the Government working, basically a skeleton crew. They are still needed for efficiency and such. You think shit like the VA is slow now? Imagine how worse it would be with all its staff gone.
    VA employees are considered non-essential?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Blog Entries

VA employees are considered non-essential?
    Yeah, they furlough most of them. And even people like janitors and stuff get furloughed. It is literally bare bones.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Back
    One of the ancient wonders of the world is a great wall. Look it up
    You're ideas are about as retarded as they get, but you at least stand up for them.

Kudos.
    Weren't you just talking smack to Back about not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're" the other day?

Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    Weren't you just talking smack to Back about not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're" the other day?

Kudos.
    No, I wasn't "just talking smack to Back about not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're" the other day?"

Now, go spend some time figuring out where you went wrong.

Come back when you've finished and give us an update.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 12-12-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME