Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old-Style 6x Katana - Falchion Base: an elegant diamond hilted katana

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    ALTER 17: Transcending Descriptions

Given the sheer length of time that items have been made in Elanthia, it is natural that QC guidelines have changed over time; some terms that weren't previously allowed are now completely legitimate, while other terms that may have once been allowed are now considered "illegal" alterations. In order to allow some modifications to these items, some of which were fairly obtained, alterations to illegal terms fall into two categories: "Not Allowed" and "Restricted".

Non-aesthetic alterations, such as lightening, deepening, enchanting, flare-adding, etc. are allowed on items in both categories, except in the case of script restrictions.

(1) Not Allowed. This is for terms that go against the very essence of the base item's build. For example, a claidhmore that inspects as a battle axe, or a gown that is worn on the head. Aesthetic alterations of ANY kind to this type of item require that the naming convention be updated to modern standards. (In the case of the examples, if you wanted to get the item altered, the claidhmore would need to be renamed into an appropriate battle axe term; the gown would need to be renamed to an appropriate head-worn term.) Items built as pinworn are exempt. Other exceptions: old-style katanas.
    This is such a dumb rule.

Parkbandit strikes again.

Now I'm a neg repper LOL

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chaumel View Post
    What a rude thing to say during an active auction for which you have no part at all.

I've no intention to undermine the auction at all. I just haven't seen a falchion based katana for awhile.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nordred View Post
    I've no intention to undermine the auction at all. I just haven't seen a falchion based katana for awhile.
    I'll add Ardwen is a good source of information on these things and I would go with what he says on this, but I ask from of is this price just from it being a gem pommel falchion based katana from the ice age or am I missing something entirely?

Other exceptions: old-style katanas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    This is such a dumb rule.
    Doesn’t it being an exception to that rule mean it CAN be altered?

Also in regards to price, I think the main issue with regular katanas is the 2h requirement. OHE are so rare, even w/o the weighting, being able to wield a katana for RP reasons and have it be OHE without the regular katana restrictions on gripping and training points to do it can be extremely valuable to some. Not to mention the ability to slowly add the weighting now to relatively quickly bring this up to VHCW.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nordred View Post
    I'll add Ardwen is a good source of information on these things and I would go with what he says on this, but I ask from of is this price just from it being a gem pommel falchion based katana from the ice age or am I missing something entirely?
    It's because the old style katana's are so rare and hardly ever come for for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    1.) It’s the fact that you can use a Katana one-handed without training in both THE/Edged and even after that not have to worry about the lingering -10 to AS.

2.) It’s the fact that you’re getting better DF’s with this than a standard katana.

3.) It’s the fact that the natural heavy weighting has become almost trivial due to 1 million ways you can add weighting especially to that GM “soft cap” of heavy weighting.

The Cherry on top: It’s the fact that these weapons will never be created again and are incredibly old and thus just get more rare with every passing year.
    1. Because it's not a katana. It's a falchion.

2. Because it's not a katana. It's a falchion.

3. Lolwut?

Cherry: Because it's not a katana. It's a falchion.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    1.) It’s the fact that you can use a Katana one-handed without training in both THE/Edged and even after that not have to worry about the lingering -10 to AS.

2.) It’s the fact that you’re getting better DF’s with this than a standard katana.

3.) It’s the fact that the natural heavy weighting has become almost trivial due to 1 million ways you can add weighting especially to that GM “soft cap” of heavy weighting.

The Cherry on top: It’s the fact that these weapons will never be created again and are incredibly old and thus just get more rare with every passing year.
    Plus you can dual wield old style katanas which is fun.

Wasn't it that you could always dual wield them but it's so cost intense only Warriors could really do it well? Or was that Katars?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Wasn't it that you could always dual wield them but it's so cost intense only Warriors could really do it well? Or was that Katars?
    Katars, even for a warrior it is pretty difficult, OHE, Brawling, TWC.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam