Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old-Style 6x Katana - Falchion Base: an elegant diamond hilted katana

Cool Old-Style 6x Katana - Falchion Base: an elegant diamond hilted katana

Here we go for the second Christmas Surprise out of the ICE-Age Locker! This auction is for an old-stye Katana, falchion base.

Here's what you need to know:

It is 6x, +30, cannot be GRIPped to switch to two hands, and has no crit weighting at all. It weighs 10 pounds - because everything from 1995 and before comes with some kinda crazy weight penalty, or something!

It's a pristine little number waiting to become your special one of a kind OHE project.

NOTE: This is probably (opinions seem to vary) going to be considered an illegal alteration - so if you hand it to a merchant for altering, it will lose it's Katana-ness and become a Falchion, or other approved falchion-base noun.

Luckily, it is already nice looking and you don't need it altered

For reasons known only to Simutronics, it inspects as if it is vultite - but it was never converted. So ... there's that going for you!

I have unlocked the loresong for the weapon, permanently.

an elegant diamond hilted katana

We're starting the bidding at 50m silvers
    Buyout for: 250m

SOLD to Galactic for 50m. Congratulations!

If you're hanging on to your silvers, I will value at $5usd per million, but only as a GOA.

Ready ... Set ... GO!
    Last edited by Luxelle; 12-18-2018 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Bid update
    Luxie's adventures (because I must write) plus some guests from the past at my blog:
    http://www.thebardess.com

8 mil

3. Default

Not an illegal alter just really old. GMs will work on them without changing the base or anything like that.

I was told they could not be ALTERED and keep the Katana. All other work was fair game, though.
    Luxie's adventures (because I must write) plus some guests from the past at my blog:
    http://www.thebardess.com

At today's silver prices 50m is a very reasonable start.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Luxelle View Post
    I was told they could not be ALTERED and keep the Katana. All other work was fair game, though.
    I had both of mine altered. Just ask the GM before handing it over to be sure.

For whatever reason a LOT of ice age weapons had gemstone hilts, no idea why but they seemed very popular, and I would start somewhere around 50 or more million in this market.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxelle View Post
    NOTE: This is going to be considered an illegal alteration - so if you hand it to a merchant for altering, it will lose it's Katana-ness and become a Falchion, or other approved falchion-base noun.

Luckily, it is already nice looking and you don't need it altered

For reasons known only to Simutronics, it inspects as if it is vultite - but it was never converted. So ... there's that going for you!

ALTER 17: Transcending Descriptions

Given the sheer length of time that items have been made in Elanthia, it is natural that QC guidelines have changed over time; some terms that weren't previously allowed are now completely legitimate, while other terms that may have once been allowed are now considered "illegal" alterations. In order to allow some modifications to these items, some of which were fairly obtained, alterations to illegal terms fall into two categories: "Not Allowed" and "Restricted".

Non-aesthetic alterations, such as lightening, deepening, enchanting, flare-adding, etc. are allowed on items in both categories, except in the case of script restrictions.

(1) Not Allowed. This is for terms that go against the very essence of the base item's build. For example, a claidhmore that inspects as a battle axe, or a gown that is worn on the head. Aesthetic alterations of ANY kind to this type of item require that the naming convention be updated to modern standards. (In the case of the examples, if you wanted to get the item altered, the claidhmore would need to be renamed into an appropriate battle axe term; the gown would need to be renamed to an appropriate head-worn term.) Items built as pinworn are exempt. Other exceptions: old-style katanas.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    For whatever reason a LOT of ice age weapons had gemstone hilts
    That is very odd.

I've always wondered why there are so many gemstones in general in this game.