Thread: Old-Style 6x Katana - Falchion Base: an elegant diamond hilted katana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nordred View Post
    I've no intention to undermine the auction at all. I just haven't seen a falchion based katana for awhile.
    I'll add Ardwen is a good source of information on these things and I would go with what he says on this, but I ask from of is this price just from it being a gem pommel falchion based katana from the ice age or am I missing something entirely?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nordred View Post
    I'll add Ardwen is a good source of information on these things and I would go with what he says on this, but I ask from of is this price just from it being a gem pommel falchion based katana from the ice age or am I missing something entirely?
    It's because the old style katana's are so rare and hardly ever come for for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    1.) It’s the fact that you can use a Katana one-handed without training in both THE/Edged and even after that not have to worry about the lingering -10 to AS.

2.) It’s the fact that you’re getting better DF’s with this than a standard katana.

3.) It’s the fact that the natural heavy weighting has become almost trivial due to 1 million ways you can add weighting especially to that GM “soft cap” of heavy weighting.

The Cherry on top: It’s the fact that these weapons will never be created again and are incredibly old and thus just get more rare with every passing year.
    1. Because it's not a katana. It's a falchion.

2. Because it's not a katana. It's a falchion.

3. Lolwut?

Cherry: Because it's not a katana. It's a falchion.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    1.) It’s the fact that you can use a Katana one-handed without training in both THE/Edged and even after that not have to worry about the lingering -10 to AS.

2.) It’s the fact that you’re getting better DF’s with this than a standard katana.

3.) It’s the fact that the natural heavy weighting has become almost trivial due to 1 million ways you can add weighting especially to that GM “soft cap” of heavy weighting.

The Cherry on top: It’s the fact that these weapons will never be created again and are incredibly old and thus just get more rare with every passing year.
    Plus you can dual wield old style katanas which is fun.