Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stupidity from Ocasio-Cortez

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Politifact says this: In a March 31, 2016, interview with the Washington Post, Donald Trump promised to eliminate the United States' $19 trillion in debt in eight years.

In that interview with the WP, Trump actually says this:

DT: We’re a debtor nation. We’ve got to get rid of — I talked about bubble. We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt.

WP: How long would that take?

DT: I think I could do it fairly quickly, because of the fact the numbers . . . .

WP: What’s fairly quickly?

DT: Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.

I don't see him promising anything here. I see him saying that he thinks he could do something and then the media saying, "OMGOMGOMGOMG TRUMP JUST PROMISED TO ELIMINATE THE US DEBT IN 8 YEARS OMGOMGOMG". Unless there are other interviews or tweets to that effect?

If he could eliminate the debt, I'd vote for him and his children forever. I'd give him universal pardon power where he could pardon himself. Debt is the biggest threat to the US, bar none.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

2. Default

I'm pretty sure eliminating the debt was off the table when he realized he couldn't take the Federal government into Chapter 11, which is usually his go to move to resolve debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    If he could eliminate the debt, I'd vote for him and his children forever. I'd give him universal pardon power where he could pardon himself. Debt is the biggest threat to the US, bar none.

Debt and retards.
    Fixed, and this is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Politifact says this: In a March 31, 2016, interview with the Washington Post, Donald Trump promised to eliminate the United States' $19 trillion in debt in eight years.

In that interview with the WP, Trump actually says this:

DT: We’re a debtor nation. We’ve got to get rid of — I talked about bubble. We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt.

WP: How long would that take?

DT: I think I could do it fairly quickly, because of the fact the numbers . . . .

WP: What’s fairly quickly?

DT: Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.

I don't see him promising anything here. I see him saying that he thinks he could do something and then the media saying, "OMGOMGOMGOMG TRUMP JUST PROMISED TO ELIMINATE THE US DEBT IN 8 YEARS OMGOMGOMG". Unless there are other interviews or tweets to that effect?
    Trump insisted in the interview that "renegotiating all of our deals" would help pay down the debt by sparking economic growth.

"The power is trade. Our deals are so bad," Trump said. "I would immediately start renegotiating our trade deals with Mexico, China, Japan and all of these countries that are just absolutely destroying us."

He's adding to the debt via the path he planned to reduce it. Lol.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Trump insisted in the interview that "renegotiating all of our deals" would help pay down the debt by sparking economic growth.

"The power is trade. Our deals are so bad," Trump said. "I would immediately start renegotiating our trade deals with Mexico, China, Japan and all of these countries that are just absolutely destroying us."

Even so, "...it would help pay down the debt" and "I'll eliminate the debt in 8 years" still aren't the same thing.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

He said that it would take time to realize those gains. He speculated it might take 8 years. Not a few months after the deals. I realize this doesn't fit your "OMGOMGOMG I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM HE LIED" narrative, so you'll likely dismiss this fact. To get back on the topic of my post you quoted, do you or do you not have a link to a quote of him "promising" to reduce the national debt?

7. Default

No one should be surprised. He's a failed businessman with something like 5 or 6 bankruptcies and has zero idea how governments work.

He said that it would take time to realize those gains. He speculated it might take 8 years. Not a few months after the deals. I realize this doesn't fit your "OMGOMGOMG I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM HE LIED" narrative, so you'll likely dismiss this fact. To get back on the topic of my post you quoted, do you or do you not have a link to a quote of him "promising" to reduce the national debt?
    It certainly looks like I'm wrong. The only sources I see are linking back to the same article you already linked.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    No one should be surprised. He's a failed businessman with something like 5 or 6 bankruptcies and has zero idea how governments work.
    People still peddling that bullshit that a man with dozens of businesses with a couple of bankruptcies means he's a failed businessman?

TDS is forever I guess.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Almost as bad as your patron saint of community leaders. And still our President.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal