Thread: X4: Foundation

Blog Entries

Default X4: Foundation

New X game. Looks like they took the lessons from X Rebirth to heart. You can once again fly everything. No Oculus support though, they said when they make another VR game it'll be a standalone purpose built for VR.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

I bought it and returned it. The controls are just super broken and the tutorials, which are about five sentences long each, weren't even spellchecked. I'll check it out again in a year to see if it gets finished, but it's super beta right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I bought it and returned it. The controls are just super broken and the tutorials, which are about five sentences long each, weren't even spellchecked. I'll check it out again in a year to see if it gets finished, but it's super beta right now.
    You've apparently never played an X game before. The controls are basically the exact same as before and seem to be working fine for me. The tutorials seem fine to me. I exploded a dude already and took his money.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You've apparently never played an X game before. The controls are basically the exact same as before and seem to be working fine for me. The tutorials seem fine to me. I exploded a dude already and took his money.
    I did play X2 and hated it for pretty much the same reason but I gave it a shot anyway since it'd been a decade. Maybe it'd be different if I had a joystick. I might give it a shot like that later on if I pick the game back up.

Blog Entries

X Rebirth was hot garbage. Like, worse than Fallout 76 garbage. X4 is reviewing well but I'll wait until a bunch of patches before I even think about glancing its store page.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    X Rebirth was hot garbage. Like, worse than Fallout 76 garbage. X4 is reviewing well but I'll wait until a bunch of patches before I even think about glancing its store page.
    Rebirth was shit. X4 is more like the other X's. They are actually calling it a Sequel to X3 rather than Rebirth. I think they are just pretending Rebirth never happened.

Like pretty much every X ever though, you are dropped off in a sandbox. There is basically no hand holding, but a good amount of YouTube videos.
    Last edited by Gelston; 12-05-2018 at 10:35 PM.

7. Default

The moral of the story is that Stellaris Megacorp is coming out tomorrow so nobody will have to find out if X4 is great or not!

Blog Entries

Wow, this is fun. So I've started on my first space station. I already have a small wing of scouts/fighters and several miner ships. I'm working on a builder ship so I don't have to contract that out in the future when I build more addons.