Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 164

Thread: Invasion or not?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    And another thing..soldiers weren't even involved in this. I'm on your side on a lot of issues, but did you even watch any of the videos? CBP, the people who were and are there anyway, processing all these people and protecting the border, as is their job, were the people involved.
    A slight tangent but still related. I don't think we should be deploying troops to our border with Mexico. Its completely unnecessary as Mexico is our neighbor and ally, there is already too much wasteful spending in the military, and everyone knows its bullshit anyway why make them do it? Happy Thanksgiving.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    A slight tangent but still related. I don't think we should be deploying troops to our border with Mexico. Its completely unnecessary as Mexico is our neighbor and ally, there is already too much wasteful spending in the military, and everyone knows its bullshit anyway why make them do it? Happy Thanksgiving.
    It's also illegal when done with the express purpose of scaring people away from applying for asylum.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    It's also illegal when done with the express purpose of scaring people away from applying for asylum.
    https://abcnews.go.com/International...order-59253578

    Article titled: Migrants won't see armed US soldiers on border

    "What's more, the bulk of the troops are in Texas hundreds of miles away from the caravan that started arriving this week in Tijuana on Mexico's border with California after walking and hitching rides for the past month."

    "Of the 5,800 soldiers and Marines, more than 2,800 are in Texas, while about 1,500 are in Arizona and another 1,300 are in California. All U.S. military branches, except the Coast Guard, are barred from performing law enforcement duties.

    That means there will be no visible show of armed troops, said Army Maj. Scott McCullough, adding that the mission is to provide support to Customs and Border Protection."



    It looks to me that the bulk of forces are placed where there are no checkpoints or fences or asylum seekers. I should mention that it looks that way to me because that's literally the case as stated and shown, and the fact that soldiers weren't involved in the source of this thread. Nor were any churches. You continue to make shit up as much as you need to to get the point you're trying to make across, though.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-26-2018 at 12:39 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    12,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    It's also illegal when done with the express purpose of scaring people away from applying for asylum.
    We have the express right as a sovereign nation to defend our borders. Nothing illegal has been done. I realize this doesn't fit your narrative, so you'll ignore it.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    12,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    why did I even post, talking to vishra is like talking to a deaf dumb and blind person. she won't hear anything can't see anything and can't speak anything. You always take parts of things and skew them to your idiotic ways and thoughts. I have much more to say, but as many others have done before I think I will just be done with Vishra because what's the point in talking to her//him
    This is correct.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Russia attacked the Ukraine

    https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...rs-now-2013-12

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/International...order-59253578

    Article titled: Migrants won't see armed US soldiers on border

    "What's more, the bulk of the troops are in Texas — hundreds of miles away from the caravan that started arriving this week in Tijuana on Mexico's border with California after walking and hitching rides for the past month."

    "Of the 5,800 soldiers and Marines, more than 2,800 are in Texas, while about 1,500 are in Arizona and another 1,300 are in California. All U.S. military branches, except the Coast Guard, are barred from performing law enforcement duties.

    That means there will be no visible show of armed troops, said Army Maj. Scott McCullough, adding that the mission is to provide support to Customs and Border Protection."



    It looks to me that the bulk of forces are placed where there are no checkpoints or fences or asylum seekers. I should mention that it looks that way to me because that's literally the case as stated and shown, and the fact that soldiers weren't involved in the source of this thread. Nor were any churches. You continue to make shit up as much as you need to to get the point you're trying to make across, though.
    You've apparently made up a whole argument in your mind, attributed it to me, and then debunked it before claiming some sort of rhetorical victory.

    Kudos I guess?

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    You've apparently made up a whole argument in your mind, attributed it to me, and then debunked it before claiming some sort of rhetorical victory.

    Kudos I guess?
    Your argument was that soldiers were being placed illegally along their own border to intimidate asylum seekers. Even you are not dumb enough to have forgotten the only sentence you just typed claiming that. I even quoted it for you, handily. The numbers of soldiers involved (0), and their orders show that that is incorrect. Furthermore, the places where there ARE soldiers stationed are not where asylum seekers are gathering, and even then their orders are to support CBP and not be seen.

    So where's all this illegality you're talking about? Or is it possible you just made it up in your fantasy land? Hint: That WAS rhetorical.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    28,481
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    They charged the border. They threw rocks at CBP. It was done to keep the border from spiraling into chaos. What fucking more would you have them do?

    From, what I've heard, Mexico is now going to deport the ones they caught participating though, which I wholeheartedly support. I don't expect much out of the Mexican Government though.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-26-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    And then Jesus said- Tear gas the children
    Still better than the farts you blow out of your dimply cottage cheese looking ass directly into your nose while you inhale deeply.

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Well first, white evangelical support is why Trump is in office. So maybe let's not rush off and say that these are entirely separate concepts.

    Secondly, no one is blaming Christians. But I am very much shaming Christians who claim to live their lives by Jesus's love but who support the way we've been treating asylum seekers who are fleeing violence in their own countries. Jesus had A LOT to say about how to treat these people, and none of it involved tear gas.

    And if you're more offended by that than you are by the horrific way we're treating victims of violence who are in need of help, then maybe you need to get a life.
    Jesus would have used a BFG 9000.

    These aren't asylum seekers, and you're a fucking idiot, stfu. Asylym seekers typically don't storm the gates and attack and throw rocks at people and all that other retarded shit they're doing.

    Why don't you go help your illegal brother before you preach to literally anyone else on the planet about how we don't do enough to help "immigrants" instead of spending all that money on text items for a 30 year old game instead? Then maybe you'll be taken a little bit seriously. Though probably not, because that's just one brick in your massive great wall of stupidity.

    Retard.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-26-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •