Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Invasion or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
    Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
    Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
    Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

-Matthew 5:3-10
    If only Christians in this country walked what they talk.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    If only Christians in this country walked what they talk.
    Christians are among the most charitable group of people on the planet, including the US. But I guess since the US doesn't have complete and total open borders and an open immigration system it means we are literally the devil.

Does the left ever tire of hating on Christians for no reason? It's like they have to manufacture shit to bash Christians with. At least you didn't pull an Obama and go all the way back to the Crusades, so kudos for you there, SHAFT.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Yeah, the "laws of man" clearly state that these people have a legal right to apply for asylum.
    Yes...US law allows this, and someone can even apply at the point of entry to the US. But I don't think that, in general, an immigration judge would positively view someone who decided to ignore applying at the point of entry, rushing through the border with many others in violation of US law, and then applying for asylum within the US.

I'm not totally up-to-speed on what's been happening. If the forces stationed at the border are actually preventing people from applying for asylum, then I can't agree with the actions being taken.
    Last edited by Candor; 11-26-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I never said I was afraid of them. I have full faith in the CBP Agents to do their jobs. Fact is, there is a legal way to do thing. You assault CBP agents with rocks and try to charge through the border, you do not belong in this country.
    What about the women and toddlers (obviously the ones who didn’t throw rocks) who arrived by foot to seek legal asylum?

Can they come in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Christians are among the most charitable group of people on the planet, including the US. But I guess since the US doesn't have complete and total open borders and an open immigration system it means we are literally the devil.

Does the left ever tire of hating on Christians for no reason? It's like they have to manufacture shit to bash Christians with. At least you didn't pull an Obama and go all the way back to the Crusades, so kudos for you there, SHAFT.
    If you’re a trump supporter, you’re not a Christian.

If you call yourself a Christian and you support trump, you’re lying to yourself.

I doubt jesus would support the grabbing of pussies, walls being built, or tear gas fired at unarmed immigrants. I could go on, but you probably don’t get the point.
    Last edited by SHAFT; 11-26-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Trump DOES support it! Edit for Jesus typo. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    If the forces stationed at the border are actually preventing people from applying for asylum, then I can't agree with the actions being taken.
    I have yet to read or see anything that suggests this is what happened other than people here flapping their gums. What I have seen countless videos of is people rushing the border, trying to climb the fence, and throwing rocks at our border patrol agents. Maybe they closed up the border AFTER this chaos unfolded, but I have yet to see any evidence suggesting everything was peaceful and orderly until the mean ol' US government closed the checkpoints.

If you’re a trump supporter, you’re not a Christian.
    You're right, I'm not a Christian, never have been.

I doubt trump would support the grabbing of pussies, walls being built, or tear gas fired at unarmed immigrants.
    Trump? Did you mean Jesus?

Also it's a pretty dumb thing to try and suggest what Jesus would or would not have supported, especially considering how much our society has changed. This is always the remark of a loser who doesn't know how to argue their point.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-26-2018 at 05:39 PM.

You're right, I'm not a Christian, never have been.

Trump? Did you mean Jesus?
    I did. Caught it after I typed it.

Maybe you are a trump supporter, but you’re not a Christian.

Maybe you’re a Christian, but you’re not a trump supporter.

You can’t be both.

9. Default

I have yet to read or see anything that suggests this is what happened other than people here flapping their gums. What I have seen countless videos of is people rushing the border, trying to climb the fence, and throwing rocks at our border patrol agents. Maybe they closed up the border AFTER this chaos unfolded, but I have yet to see any evidence suggesting everything was peaceful and orderly until the mean ol' US government closed the checkpoints.
    Obviously order has to be maintained. If these folks are simply just trying to force their way into the US and are throwing things are border patrol agents, then an appropriate response is warranted. Again, I'm not completely up-to-speed on what's been happening.

You haven't seen any evidence they closed the crossing? the damned white house announced it. Unless you think they are fake news too.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.