Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Invasion or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    You're uber retarded. We don't know who of these people actually need a asylum and who are gang/drug cartel people. If you're so gung ho to let them all in then you house them in your bedroom since you trust them so much. Maybe they can sleep next to your illegal alien brother.
    Wow. You're actually really afraid of these people. Its coming through in the seriousness of your posts.

How do you know there are gang/cartel people? What proof can you provide for your accusation? How are people not innocent until proven guilty?

How many people do you think there are down there?

How do you stand behind tear-gassing children?

I say take them in and process them in an orderly manner. Don't bother soldiers this stupid busy work that creates a tense situation.

These people have a legal- and moral by the way- right to request asylum. They've been victimized in ways we can't imagine and have marched with their children across several countries in hopes that their kids won't have to live with (or die by) the violence in their home countries. They're doing what any decent, reasonable person would do. And asylum laws exist for a reason.

The lack of basic human compassion is unsettling. And PS, cartel members don't march thousands of miles to request asylum for fun. Cartels have money- they've got far easier ways to get someone into the country if they want. As usual, the insane fear-mongering on the right has absolutely no basis in reality.

You know whats odd, no one is mentioning the reason they were at the fences, the US and Mexican governments closed the bridges that allowed them to LEGALLY cross the border and apply for asylum, under US law they can only apply for asylum within the US at legal ports of entry, close the border and manufacture news stories. Not a damn thing that happened yesterday was necessary, it should not have happened, Trump and his cronies created this incident to stir up his base. Oddly at the same time this was occuring Russia attacked the Ukraine, guess what news got buried in the US, guess what has not been commented on once by the fool in the White House.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    You know whats odd, no one is mentioning the reason they were at the fences, the US and Mexican governments closed the bridges that allowed them to LEGALLY cross the border and apply for asylum, under US law they can only apply for asylum within the US at legal ports of entry
    That part is noteworthy to me. There exists a legal process for applying for asylum, and if you deny access to the locations at which someone can legally seek asylum, I don't see how you've done anything other than create a pressure cooker and stir up some news coverage. There isn't an easy answer to the immigration issue but what happened over the weekend was just cold, IMO.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    How many people do you think there are down there?

How do you stand behind tear-gassing children?

I say take them in and process them in an orderly manner. Don't bother soldiers this stupid busy work that creates a tense situation.
    About 5000, according to the MSNBC video is how many were being staged in the camp with food and water and showers and toilets. A camp of people seeking asylum due to drug cartel violence where they came from. Not in the camp. And according to their eyeball estimate, "around 1000" is how many charged the wall.

Processing them in an orderly manner is what was happening. Not as fast as they liked, so some of them charged the wall and threw rocks, making it a riot. Tear gas is...pretty much the go to in that situation. I don't think anyone would've preferred live ammunition. The border was closed, then re-opened a few hours later when the situation calmed down, so the orderly-fashion processing could continue.

And one last thing..and I cannot stress this hard enough...Do not bring your children to a riot. I'm pretty sure that's lesson number one in most parenting books.

I am all for granting asylum to those who seek it legitimately. They were and are being processed in an orderly fashion, and they're being given sustenance and shelter while they wait through that process. My only regret on the tear gas front is those who charged the wall ran away and now can blend right back in and go through the process again. Charging a border checkpoint should pretty much disqualify you from entry in my book. Asylum or not, if you want to charge the border without being processed, there are literally hundreds of miles with no checkpoints and you can just walk right through. You can't be all that smart if you choose the one spot for your illegal crossing where you're gonna get tear gassed. Asylum I'll happily subsidize. Stupidity I will not.

6. Default

well they didn't have tear gas back then. You brought up Jesus which equates with Christians for me. I am saddened for the problems that people in other countries go through. However until we get the help for the people here already in the united states already letting 1000's of more people in doesn't seem smart. Of course I don't want them teargassed or separated from their families. While I am a Christian, I also don't believe in bein totally stupid, like you seem to want me to be vishra.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    well they didn't have tear gas back then. You brought up Jesus which equates with Christians for me. I am saddened for the problems that people in other countries go through. However until we get the help for the people here already in the united states already letting 1000's of more people in doesn't seem smart. Of course I don't want them teargassed or separated from their families. While I am a Christian, I also don't believe in bein totally stupid, like you seem to want me to be vishra.
    You're not the only Christian on these boards, sorry. And there are plenty of Christians on the left. I would know. More to the point:

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.
    Matthew 25:31-46

Jesus never said "Take care of people when it's easy". He didn't have disclaimers on aid. We have aid to give, and he was extremely clear on what that means.

Not only do we have a legal obligation to take these people in and give them a chance to seek asylum, it's also a spiritual obligation for anyone who calls themselves a Christian. (And a moral obligation for everyone else)

And if you think- for a second- that Jesus is looking down on this situation and thinking, "Yeah, they definitely shouldn't be helping these people"- then you've been sleeping your way through Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    You know whats odd, no one is mentioning the reason they were at the fences, the US and Mexican governments closed the bridges that allowed them to LEGALLY cross the border and apply for asylum, under US law they can only apply for asylum within the US at legal ports of entry, close the border and manufacture news stories. Not a damn thing that happened yesterday was necessary, it should not have happened, Trump and his cronies created this incident to stir up his base. Oddly at the same time this was occuring Russia attacked the Ukraine, guess what news got buried in the US, guess what has not been commented on once by the fool in the White House.
    This. A thousand times this.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Don't bother soldiers this stupid busy work that creates a tense situation.
    And another thing..soldiers weren't even involved in this. I'm on your side on a lot of issues, but did you even watch any of the videos? CBP, the people who were and are there anyway, processing all these people and protecting the border, as is their job, were the people involved.

10. Default

why did I even post, talking to vishra is like talking to a deaf dumb and blind person. she won't hear anything can't see anything and can't speak anything. You always take parts of things and skew them to your idiotic ways and thoughts. I have much more to say, but as many others have done before I think I will just be done with Vishra because what's the point in talking to her//him