Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem

Blog Entries

Anyone check out the beta? Connection/loading issues aside, it didn't really grab me. Played for a few hours and didn't see a reason to buy at launch.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

It wasn't anything particularly special but the demo was stripped to its most playable form and only to that point. According to some observations. The technical issues weren't promising, since the game is 'always on'. All that and I still want it for the kit bashing and sheer mech customization available.

I dunno. Weird priorities I guess.

3. Default

I haven't seen any customization options beyond different skins.

Game was alright. Will see how stable it is this coming weekend after they have a chance to tweak the servers. Performance was good with newest Nvidia drivers, borderless windowed and running at 3440x1440.

Game loop is very much a mix of Destiny and Diablo. Decent range of weapons and modifications, item bonuses seem a bit off or just displaying incorrectly - Had a bunch of items that listed 0% increase to <insert bonus>.
    The different weapons and abilities could be expanded, but may currently be limited for the demo - good amount of options when it comes to switching up abilities on the colossus at least.

End game looks like its going to be mixing up the right team with complimenting status effects and combos, combined with picking and choosing how you enter the fight. Graphics about what I expected, few graphical glitches, mostly just connectivity issues. Not overly worried about the issues I ran into during the VIP demo - It didn't seem like anything that can't be resolved quickly. Hopefully they expand what is available in the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I haven't seen any customization options beyond different skins.
    Your stats aren't bound to your appearance. There's an open/live beta on the 1st to the 3rd.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Game was alright. Will see how stable it is this coming weekend after they have a chance to tweak the servers. Performance was good with newest Nvidia drivers, borderless windowed and running at 3440x1440.

Game loop is very much a mix of Destiny and Diablo. Decent range of weapons and modifications, item bonuses seem a bit off or just displaying incorrectly - Had a bunch of items that listed 0% increase to <insert bonus>.
    The different weapons and abilities could be expanded, but may currently be limited for the demo - good amount of options when it comes to switching up abilities on the colossus at least.

End game looks like its going to be mixing up the right team with complimenting status effects and combos, combined with picking and choosing how you enter the fight. Graphics about what I expected, few graphical glitches, mostly just connectivity issues. Not overly worried about the issues I ran into during the VIP demo - It didn't seem like anything that can't be resolved quickly. Hopefully they expand what is available in the demo.
    How's the combat? Is the shooting fun? Are enemies bullet sponges or is there a fast time to kill? Is there a list of weapons yet? I just want a marksman rifle that's full auto. Destiny had a couple of those and they were really fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    How's the combat? Is the shooting fun? Are enemies bullet sponges or is there a fast time to kill? Is there a list of weapons yet? I just want a marksman rifle that's full auto. Destiny had a couple of those and they were really fun to use.
    I've never played Mass Effect, but everyone I played Anthem with said it played very similar to the most recent mass effect? I found it enjoyable for the most part. There was a full auto marksman's rifle that was usable by any javelin.
    There was some bullet sponge enemies, but they were the higher rarity ones so it wasn't terrible. Again, you could wipe things out with coordinated combos with a good group pretty quick. You also can't just go stand in the open and take a bunch of shots either, you'll be downed really quickly.

Blog Entries

Bioware already fixed one of the more annoying parts of the demo, which was how slow you move around in the town. You'll be able to sprint in the full game, thank god.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

The demo was confirmed to be old. The Capture Event in Japan basically confirmed a lot of suspicions on the demo and had way more fixes. No PvP, which feels weird but okay. You can't buy materials with cash so no pay to progress faster. Bioware caught a bit of flak for some pricing but they confirmed that was just testing and is subject to going down in cost.

The best part is that Masterwork and Legendary parts/weapons/etc are all game changers.
    Last edited by Astray; 01-30-2019 at 10:52 AM.

10. Default

I'm actually liking that they aren't doing PVP. PVP ruined Destiny because they try so hard to balance the PVP aspect and it ruins the PVE aspect.