Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WHO DAT

Blog Entries

It was pretty crazy how fast the refs got up to KC from NO to go fuck up that game too though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Have these referees given any sort of statement as to their reasoning for not throwing the flag? As in, uncatchable ball, tipped throw, etc..? The rams player involved said a ref signaled to him that it was a tipped ball.
    Last edited by Wrathbringer; 01-21-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Have these referees given any sort of statement as to their reasoning for not throwing the flag? As in, uncatchable ball, tipped throw, etc..? The rams player involved said a ref signaled to him that it was a tipped ball.
    The head official said he didn't see the play. It wasn't tipped, but even if it was, there is still helmet to helmet there. The other two haven't said anything as far as I've seen, and I don't expect them too. The league office called Sean Payton and said it was a blown no call though. They admitted it was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The head official said he didn't see the play. It wasn't tipped, but even if it was, there is still helmet to helmet there. The other two haven't said anything as far as I've seen, and I don't expect them too. The league office called Sean Payton and said it was a blown no call though. They admitted it was wrong.
    Yeah, I saw that. I'm still interested in the reasoning for the no call though. Has to be some.

5. Default

That surprises me. Symbiotic as they are, the NFL and the teams are separate corporate entities, and one of those entities just potentially cost another one tens of millions of dollars in merch and such.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. I'm still interested in the reasoning for the no call though. Has to be some.
    They might have been zoned out or some shit. I mean, it was so very blatant. In college it would have been stopped by the booth for targeting. I don't particularly like the booth being able to stop play though.

7. Default

They might have been zoned out or some shit. I mean, it was so very blatant. In college it would have been stopped by the booth for targeting. I don't particularly like the booth being able to stop play though.
    Hell, a couple years ago a hit like that includes a fine. It was helmet to helmet against a defenseless receiver and the ball wasn't there. He just flat laid the guy out. Call or no call, I'd be interested in hearing an explanation from the corner who just James Harrison'd a guy. He didn't even try to look for the ball. He zeroed in on the potential receiver and just tackled him.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 01-21-2019 at 02:44 PM.

I really wanted to see Brady vs. Brees. It almost happened in 2010 when the Saints won the Superbowl but the Patriots blew it in the playoffs that year IIRC.

Thanks ref. Dick.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Hell, a couple years ago a hit like that includes a fine. It was helmet to helmet against a defenseless receiver and the ball wasn't there. He just flat laid the guy out. Call or no call, I'd be interested in hearing an explanation from the corner who just James Harrison'd a guy. He didn't even try to look for the ball. He zeroed in on the potential receiver and just tackled him.
    If he didn't, the ball is caught and the game is over. He should have been flagged, but he wasn't, so his gamble paid off. I thought I saw somewhere that he said he was surprised he didn't get a flag. He is still probably going to get fined though, like 5 grand or some shit.

If he didn't, the ball is caught and the game is over. He should have been flagged, but he wasn't, so his gamble paid off. I thought I saw somewhere that he said he was surprised he didn't get a flag. He is still probably going to get fined though, like 5 grand or some shit.
    And then be like SURE LET ME JUST PAY THAT OUT OF MY SUPERBOWL BONUS MONEY!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible