Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Simu Hiring Wiki Moderators

1. Default Official: Simu Hiring Wiki Moderators

Hello everyone,

We are hiring for Wiki Moderators!

Wiki Moderators will be responsible for moderating content added/modified by other players on the GS Wiki (https://gswiki.play.net/). Moderating will include ensuring that content is appropriate to the GS Wiki, accurate, and placed within an appropriate page/subpage, as well as performing some minor checks and adjustments for style. While a moderator might ask a player editor questions in the discussion tabs for clarity on specific pages, they will not be responsible for contacting players directly.

What's required of a Moderator? Moderators will commit to ~6 hours a week and attend 1 team meeting a month. Other than some initial training that we will attempt to make possible within your own schedule restraints, you will choose when to meet your weekly hours based on your availability and our needs.

What are we looking for in potential Moderators? Actively playing, account in good standing, comfortable working within the GS Wiki's framework (or a willingness to learn), ability to understand style/editing norms within a wiki environment and apply them to various wiki pages when applicable, ability to consistently commit to 6 hours of moderating a week. Within all of that, we expect moderators to be able to communicate effectively in a manner that includes tact, professionalism, and an eye to consistently displaying quality customer service abilities. Experience with editing on any wiki platform is, of course, helpful. Note that these are the broad strokes of what we will be looking for, but there is no cookie-cutter mold -- if you don't quite fit into the above but think you might be a good Moderator, use the application to explain why!

A few extra notes: (1) We often get questions regarding past warnings and whether or not you are eligible to apply if you have any: yes, you are -- we take into consideration the warning type, how egregious you were about it, and how long ago it was when making decisions. (2) You must have been actively playing for the past 6 months to be considered currently.

If you are interested in becoming a Wiki Moderator: Go to https://www.play.net/gs4/apply/apply.asp and click on the "Join the Team" link under the Board Moderators section. Once you do that, there are three parts to the application: (1) Personal Info; (2) Application (Questionnaire); (3) Board Moderators Application/Test. (Yes, we realize that you are applying for the wiki, not for the forums!) You must have all three parts filled out and submitted in order to be considered. Bear in mind that comprehensive answers to questions (where applicable) give a much better picture of a candidate than one-word answer ones.

We will be looking at applications submitted and/or updated between today and November 29th of this year. If you have any questions, please feel welcome to post them here or shoot an email to GS4-WIKI@play.net!

~Kaikala

This message was originally posted in General GemStone IV Discussion, Staff Updates and Goals Discussion. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/325/3260/view/563

2. Default

There is not enough money in the world to pay someone to interact with Allerelli for any amount of time.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    There is not enough money in the world to pay someone to interact with Allerelli for any amount of time.
    Didn’t realize she headed up the mod team. o.O

Last edited by Methais; 11-14-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Blog Entries

Is this new?

Web Monitors are volunteers who approve link submissions and monitor content on linked sites, to ensure that all sites meet our standards and contain no objectionable material.
    Internet Police, now hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I bet they draw a salary of 50 simucoins/month.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-14-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

6 hours a week? Is there really that much content on the wiki to require that?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Didn’t realize she headed up the mod team. o.O
    You don't even have to be a moderator for Allerelli to find you. If you post an article, change an article, look at an article too long, Allerelli will find and badger you about it. It's probably why the wiki has fallen into disrepair in the first place. People know they're gonna have to deal with her and just don't bother. But yes, I'm sure part of this would be having to deal with her.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-14-2018 at 10:49 AM.

lmao

Allereli is no longer a moderator tmk. She's done more for the wiki than any other person. Yes, she's probably not the best person to interact with other people.
    Find me in game as Alastir
    Or on Discord as: Alastir#9661

This.

While the GSIV playerbase is full of morons that never fail to impress me with their negativity, cynicism, and general idiocy, Allerelli stands out - an extra smelly turd in a sea of shit.

I've never encountered someone so relentlessly sour, impossible to please, obtuse, and difficult to get along with.
    Last edited by peam; 11-14-2018 at 03:20 PM.