Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lvl 30 ranger

1. Default lvl 30 ranger

hey, have my ranger to lvl 30 but didn't check the growth stats for cap, I have a real low influence I can't afford a fix stat/aint spending that kinda coin in the realms should I reroll or can I make it past cap?? advice appreciated. also, when I found my companion it wasn't what I was looking for, turned out to be a canine but I'm open archer and fix stats is coming soon, is it better to be a sniper? pros and cons if you don't mind. I'm iffy either way, it's cool to face my foe but maybe I can roll it from the shadow, after seeing a higher ranger lead a warcamp raid and snipe. thanks. (lovemykitty)

Don't worry about it, unless you're going to try and multi-class (LOL) or game the trading system (not worth it at that level).

As for the companion, you can always switch 'em up, if you didn't find the one you were wanting. You aren't exactly stuck with the first one that comes out to play.

As for open-versus-sniping, I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the sniping ranger skillset is very TP-heavy, and doesn't leave room for too much else. Of course, I don't play a sniping ranger, so I may be completely off base, and if I am, I'm sure someone will throw a tomato my way to show it. :P
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Blog Entries

Influence can be tanked. It's virtually useless for rangers.

Companions are an RP prop at best, change it out for whatever suits you most.

I prefer sniping over open archery simply because you're somewhat safer. At level 30 TPs should be opening up so you can start catching up on tertiary skills.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-06-2019 at 12:13 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

I thought that the companion gave a extra boost to assume aspect if they were the same and thought having greater perception would help me hit the mark with my bow. also I have put around 20 points sighting on an ipantor longbow and still miss frequently my ranged skill is maxed but my perception is 38 at lvl 31. is on the right track or do I need to change somthing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvyrn View Post
    I thought that the companion gave a extra boost to assume aspect if they were the same and thought having greater perception would help me hit the mark with my bow. also I have put around 20 points sighting on an ipantor longbow and still miss frequently my ranged skill is maxed but my perception is 38 at lvl 31. is on the right track or do I need to change somthing?
    You really should be 2x in perception for open archery, and if hiding, 2x perception AND as close to 2x ambush as you can. That might be your problem. Those skills affect not only chance to hit when aiming, but also AS. Also keep in mind that if you're having trouble hitting the eyes, you can try for the head or neck, and if that's still too hard, go for the leg.
    Briarfox made a good guide a while ago:
    https://gswiki.play.net/Art_of_the_Bow_(guide)

As far as 650, it's a fun spell but not particularly useful imo.

I forgot to mention you can tell your companion to GUARD and you'll get like +30 DS, without the usual negative to AS. I think you have to manually activate it again after you leave the room though.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-06-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

My lvl 70 ranger hides has enhancives as well as 1.5 ambush 2x perception and 12 cer sighting bow and still misses not always but I’d say at least close to 20-30 percent
    Last edited by Derex; 03-06-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    standing between the living and the dead

Blog Entries

Drop ranged and go 2-handed weapons, never look back.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Companions are mostly flavoring, but yes, they do add a little to their paired aspects. A canine helps with Wolf (Dex) and Jackal (Ambush), so it's pretty good for a sniper. GUARD is great, as Taernath noted, but it is based on your attunement with your companion. Drop a killerweed, hide, and wait for the take-down, then shoot for the neck or head.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

imho open is silly when you have all the tools to snipe. I'd enjoy it more if i had the cash to drop on an quiver so arrow management wasn't such a pain in the dick.. I have a friend that plays a 2hd ranger, She does well but I never see her without a group I doubt she'd do quite as well alone without some serious tact and patience.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    imho open is silly when you have all the tools to snipe. I'd enjoy it more if i had the cash to drop on an quiver so arrow management wasn't such a pain in the dick.. I have a friend that plays a 2hd ranger, She does well but I never see her without a group I doubt she'd do quite as well alone without some serious tact and patience.
    Honestly, 2hd krolvin ranger was the easiest combo I ever played. No fancy gear, kept 100's trained. It was beast mode.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984