Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anything of note changed in the last 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I think round about three years ago, maybe a little before was when they announced the new and exciting changes to the fusion system where all the orbs would decay to 50% potency after a while and likely break when you removed them. There was a huge backlash against it because of course there was, and they haven't revisited fusion since. I don't think they even let you make the orbs anymore. At least I haven't seen the vendor in a while.

Personally, I believe that the reason they nerfed fusion into the ground and then subsequently abandoned it was because it was a way for players to achieve a high level of combat effectiveness without throwing dollars into the grinder.

Now they've got the special tokens to let you add special flares if you grind seashells, the smithy to let you convert dollars into crit/damage weighting/padding, et cetera, et cetera. You wouldn't need or desire those things nearly as much if your weapons were already strong from fusion or other systems.
    Classic Simu. Nerf now, fix later, and later never gets here.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

That's been the story since I first started playing in the 90's.

How long did the game go before you could get new items with weighting/padding? And don't even get me started on DB items. Heh, or my Might Mortal dagger in Lineage 2

The fusion thing is sad, because it was one of my favorite systems that they have ever introduced. I could think of several easy fixes off the top of my head, but whatever.

And now, if they ever do improve it, it will screw over people who spent a lot of money on grandfathered orbs. Like when I lost craptons on my GS3 katanas, heh.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-15-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    That was what I got out of it too--I forget which GM (or Wyrom?) said it, but something to the effect that they didn't expect so many people to be running around with full +50 enhancive sets active.
    In a game where people spend countless hours/months/years figuring out Simu's retarded secret formulas and putting together all sorts of spreadsheets and other bullshit in order to min/max the fuck out of their character, you'd have to be extremely retarded to put out a system like fusion and not expect people to eventually be running around with shit maxed out.

Last edited by Methais; 11-16-2018 at 08:59 AM. Reason: I am ashamed of my typo, but not enough to fix it
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

It's a straight downgrade and all but people act like if you look at old fusion stuff funny it gets fucked up and changes to the new shitty version. It's only a 5% to get damaged, it happens, it sucks, it should be avoided....but 95% of the time it works just like it used to.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Geez, you guys didn't tell me about the change to Gift of Lumnis!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Geez, you guys didn't tell me about the change to Gift of Lumnis!
    Because that isnt new.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Because that isnt new.
    The xp absorption changes and contest are all new since I last played

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    The xp absorption changes and contest are all new since I last played
    Thought the contest was older, but I guess it has been around for about 2 years now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Lumnis has been around since 2004 mothertrucker. Contest and switching it from time to amount absorbed is newer.
    We're talking aboutn the contest. lrnreadnub

10. Default

Yeah, I guess it's new-ish. I got back in April 2015 when the free to play thing was released, and it was new after that, so less'n three years.