Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything of note changed in the last 3 years?

I can't really think of anything in the past 3 years that has been really groundbreaking in terms of mechanical changes that aren't tied to events in someway. The bard loresong thing is nice but it's not "Oh my goodness this totally changes the game" nice.

There have mostly been quality of life changes.

You can bless weighted weapons now.
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Nice! Now there's some good news. I assume Voln bless works?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Nice! Now there's some good news. I assume Voln bless works?
    Yep.

They haven't done any rogue development in at least 6 years, though. No one brings boxes the tower, regardless of how many locksmiths are there (up to five at a time), how often they advertise, or how much of a reputation they have as a good picker.

AFK bigshotting and sloot sell more or less ruined any fun you could have with roleplaying as a locksmith, and Simu has not only done nothing to alleviate the issue, but they're committed to making sure that Larton and his buddies are still the kings of box-opening by guaranteeing no downtweaks for Larton and no rogue development to alleviate problems with RT and problems with boxes hardly being worth picking up. Anyone that doesn't ;sloot sell has a pocket locksmith, anyways. It's shitty.

Most of the development resources are geared towards pay-to-play events. Really insidious shit, too, like dollar-per-entry, 1/9000 chance of anything interesting - attracting only the high-spenders who drop at least a grand on simucoins, instantly sell thier cool finds for silvers, and turn that around into cash to support their habit with record turn-around time.

Coming from one Rogue to another Rogue who I respect despite never having met, it's not worth coming back.

Regarding the Rogues lack of development with a huge grain of salt they have whispered the last couple months that work is being for lockpicking and with the changes they made to empaths it could be promising. I still have my dedicated locksmith because I can fill a locker and pick to my hearts content
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Discord has pretty much replaced the official forums, the GS4 general channel is:

https://discordapp.com/channels/2260...70949499830273

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    The heck is discord and how do I get on it? This like Facebook?
    It's like Slack.

Blog Entries

It's an ERP channel run by GMs.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Yep.

They haven't done any rogue development in at least 6 years, though. No one brings boxes the tower, regardless of how many locksmiths are there (up to five at a time), how often they advertise, or how much of a reputation they have as a good picker.

AFK bigshotting and sloot sell more or less ruined any fun you could have with roleplaying as a locksmith, and Simu has not only done nothing to alleviate the issue, but they're committed to making sure that Larton and his buddies are still the kings of box-opening by guaranteeing no downtweaks for Larton and no rogue development to alleviate problems with RT and problems with boxes hardly being worth picking up. Anyone that doesn't ;sloot sell has a pocket locksmith, anyways. It's shitty.

Most of the development resources are geared towards pay-to-play events. Really insidious shit, too, like dollar-per-entry, 1/9000 chance of anything interesting - attracting only the high-spenders who drop at least a grand on simucoins, instantly sell thier cool finds for silvers, and turn that around into cash to support their habit with record turn-around time.

Coming from one Rogue to another Rogue who I respect despite never having met, it's not worth coming back.
    Are they many rogues around these days? If I came back I'd probably want to throw some RP events.

Maybe even bring back the pit fights. That was a lot of fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Are they many rogues around these days? If I came back I'd probably want to throw some RP events.
    Right now there are 25 on, which is comparable to most other classes.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.