Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anything of note changed in the last 3 years?

ehh… I saw 13 years, my bad.

Lol, yeah, that part of the game was the same 3 years ago. In fact, it's possible the game is more populated now than when I last left.

The Rogue Guild being empty was the hardest thing for me, but I've gotten past that.

If you want some good RP, the only thing stopping it is yourself! (Or the entire room being afk....ugh. Another reason to pick up PP...).

Have there been any changes to the enhancive/fusion system?

Or to the forging system? Would be nice if they made it more useful.

EDIT: And what are perfects selling for these days?
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-11-2018 at 08:39 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Lol

?

Lol, why did they go and destroy the fusion system? What was wrong with it?

I just found out today that blessing crit HCW weapons is basically worthless, too. Damnit! I thought I could finally get some weighted knuckle dusters....

7. Default

Lol, why did they go and destroy the fusion system? What was wrong with it?

I just found out today that blessing crit HCW weapons is basically worthless, too. Damnit! I thought I could finally get some weighted knuckle dusters....
    I think round about three years ago, maybe a little before was when they announced the new and exciting changes to the fusion system where all the orbs would decay to 50% potency after a while and likely break when you removed them. There was a huge backlash against it because of course there was, and they haven't revisited fusion since. I don't think they even let you make the orbs anymore. At least I haven't seen the vendor in a while.

Personally, I believe that the reason they nerfed fusion into the ground and then subsequently abandoned it was because it was a way for players to achieve a high level of combat effectiveness without throwing dollars into the grinder.

Now they've got the special tokens to let you add special flares if you grind seashells, the smithy to let you convert dollars into crit/damage weighting/padding, et cetera, et cetera. You wouldn't need or desire those things nearly as much if your weapons were already strong from fusion or other systems.

8. Default

As to your other question regarding forging, the only development has been that they found a bug with dying the hilts and instead of fixing it, they just removed the wiki entry on how to dye your hilts.

My read on the fusion nerfs (which were really something else) was that they'd rather they'd never implemented it and making it damn near fucking useless was the best they could do to shove the genie back in the bottle. Hardly anyone uses it anymore, from what I can tell. If you had good fusion shit before the change, you were grandfathered in. They essentially created an insurmountable barrier to entry.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    My read on the fusion nerfs (which were really something else) was that they'd rather they'd never implemented it
    That was what I got out of it too--I forget which GM (or Wyrom?) said it, but something to the effect that they didn't expect so many people to be running around with full +50 enhancive sets active.