Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shootings

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I just did a cursory search around. I can't find a single definitive statement on whether or not PTSD was a factor or even if the guy had it. The closest I found was in this article, stating that a neighbor said he had PTSD. Not his mother who he lived with. Not the VA, who mentioned he was never treated for PTSD. An unnamed neighbor. Am I missing some source?

If I'm not, I think it's a little bit early to start pointing a finger at PTSD, because if "execute mass shooting because PTSD" is on the list of symptoms of the many, many who have suffered from PTSD, I haven't seen it yet from anywhere.
    That just sounds like he had it, but didn't want to get it treated. This is an issue with the military and then society at large. When you have people faking PTSD or civilians claiming elections gave them PTSD or bullshit like that, it makes people feel like they can't ask for help because they don't want society to judge them as a bitch.

Regardless, he had some sort of mental disorder, because the average human doesn't want to go out and kill other humans.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-09-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That just sounds like he had it, but didn't want to get it treated. This is an issue with the military and then society at large. When you have people faking PTSD or civilians claiming elections gave them PTSD or bullshit like that, it makes people feel like they can't ask for help because they don't want society to judge them as a bitch.

Regardless, he had some sort of mental disorder, because the average human doesn't want to go out and kill other humans.
    Very true, but it's also possible and perhaps even probable in this situation that the non-experts claiming PTSD in this case (unnamed neighbor) are working from a limited set of information and accusations. It's possible he was just a violent, disturbed person. Another article I found stated Long had been involved in other bar altercations in the past, as recently as 2015, that his mother feared for her safety but the police who showed up didn't feel he needed to be put on a psychiatric hold.

It's not fair to point at PTSD as the cause here without at least some kind of strong evidence to back that up. Millions of other PTSD sufferers aren't shooting people at random. All pointing at PTSD without significant cause does is shine a light on those people and make it more difficult for them to recover.

And hey, it's possible both are true - that he suffered from PTSD, and was also a violent, disturbed person. But without someone with some sort of expertise pointing at PTSD as a cause, I'd say there's an equal if not greater chance that ASPD could be a factor. The military has a higher rate of that than the general populace.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-09-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Marines in general;
    wut? You can go eat a dick.

4. Default

PB, Gelston, that's exactly what we're talking about and the gap is here.

There's criminality everywhere. There's 5% around of sociopaths and psychopaths in every country. And there's poverty, mental illnesses, situational issues in every country.

We all live with those data everywhere.

Difference is who you are as a human being.

Are you a civilian that believe in peace as a whole ? do you believe in social reinsertation? Do you think a criminal mind can be reprogrammed to act better? Do you agree that human beings are inclined toward goodness?
    If so, why arm people?

Or

Do you think you have the RIGHT to punish anyone that is willing to commit a crime? Do you think that you have the judgement to react with according force in ANY stressed situations? Do you have the mental stability to make that decision in every situations?
    If so, why arm people?

Same question, different answer and the issue is totally there.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Nothing like waking up standing at attention in the middle of a room, mindfucked because it's not your room. You don't even know where you are sometimes. Scares the shit out of you.
    That's how I met my wife.

And I'm not even married.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    The players corner is a form of social media.
    And look how cancerous it is when soy4pk are here.

I'm mainly referring to shit like fb though, where everyone is plugged into everyone else's pretend perfect life.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post

There's criminality everywhere. There's 5% around of sociopaths and psychopaths in every country. And there's poverty, mental illnesses, situational issues in every country.

Are you a civilian that believe in peace as a whole ? do you believe in social reinsertation? Do you think a criminal mind can be reprogrammed to act better? Do you agree that human beings are inclined toward goodness?
    If so, why arm people?

Or

Do you think you have the RIGHT to punish anyone that is willing to commit a crime? Do you think that you have the judgement to react with according force in ANY stressed situations? Do you have the mental stability to make that decision in every situations?
    If so, why arm people?

Stop trying to sound philosophical, you always come off retarded, xcaliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    wut? You can go eat a dick.
    Looks like he deleted that. But, yeah, if you need a bunch of crazy-brave bastards to charge some other crazy bastards, you ask the Marines to do it. Regardless of whether one approves of U.S. military interventions or so forth, you have to give the Marines props.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Looks like he deleted that. But, yeah, if you need a bunch of crazy-brave bastards to charge some other crazy bastards, you ask the Marines to do it. Regardless of whether one approves of U.S. military interventions or so forth, you have to give the Marines props.
    Yeah I did when I was editing some grammar. It wasn't relevant to the point I was trying to make so I figured I'd take it out rather than detract from said point.

I do feel that way, but it's on a personal level based on the specific marines I've known, not the corps on the whole.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post

If so, why arm people?

Or

If so, why arm people?

Mostly because sociopaths are more inclined to seek positions of power.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...