Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shootings

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    far less. By what, 100 times? 200? 500?

Way to prove my point there PB
    If you want to go on %s per 100k pop, you are about 6 times less than the US. You also have way less guns, so that means far less of ours are being used in crime. Shootings have actually been on the rise in Canada the last two years, they surpassed knife murders last year.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-09-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    you all saw Bowling for Columbine so I won't make analogies out of it.
    Still, we were discussing stuff about cultures lately and one thing pope out: You guys got that in yours, it's part of who you are. Anyone here in Quebec (or in Canada) doesn't identify himself with his gear ( I am not Quebecois cause I got a wooden cross, jeans, a vineyard, whatever).

But you, Americans do. Your trucks, your guns, your ground.

A girl here will walk outside at midnight knowing she has nothing to fear period. A girl in the US will walk outside at midnight knowing she has nothing to fear cause she has a gun in her purse.
    There's no rape in Canada, or are you just exacerbating the problem by placing unwarranted fear in the minds of the public? I think it's most likely the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    If you have PTSD, why go shoot up a place?
    You do things you don't understand. Anger, violence, strange habits, etc etc. The list goes on. Without treatment of some kind you go deeper and deeper into what is essentially madness.

It'll hit you when you least expect it. Even in your sleep. Nothing like waking up standing at attention in the middle of a room, mindfucked because it's not your room. You don't even know where you are sometimes. Scares the shit out of you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Well, sure, but why that bar? Why just walk in and start shooting? If you have PTSD, why go shoot up a place?
    People handle shit differently. This was his way. Another person in the exact same condition might have just blown his own brains out. Another person might have done something else.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff1 View Post
    Thousand Oaks makes for the 307th mass shooting in America in 2018.

Fascists contend that a lack of gun control is not to blame for these senseless losses of life.

But, maybe some of the resident posters here can answer this question? How many tyrannical governments were deposed due to the second amendment?
    All of them.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    It's beyond belief that we have this problem and it's very depressing, but what is the answer?
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Except that stricter gun laws have worked everywhere else.

What doesn't work: doing nothing.
    Tell us more about how stricter gun laws prevented that mass shooting in CA the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    Correlation between mass shootings and social media. Prove me wrong
    This.

Social media is society's cancer.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2018 at 10:41 AM.

8. Default

I just did a cursory search around. I can't find a single definitive statement on whether or not PTSD was a factor or even if the guy had it. The closest I found was in this article, stating that a neighbor said he had PTSD. Not his mother who he lived with. Not the VA, who mentioned he was never treated for PTSD. An unnamed neighbor. Am I missing some source?

If I'm not, I think it's a little bit early to start pointing a finger at PTSD, because if "execute mass shooting because PTSD" is on the list of symptoms of the many, many who have suffered from PTSD, I haven't seen it yet from anywhere.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-09-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Tell us more about how stricter gun laws prevented that mass shooting in CA the other day.
    She won't, likely because she's a stupid bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

This.

Social media is society's cancer.
    The players corner is a form of social media.