Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shootings

What makes this shooting particularly weird is that there's no apparent motivation for it. It's an entirely different beast than the school shootings and such. CA even has a red-flag law, and this fellow had a visit from the police to potentially take him into temporary protective custody, but he didn't seem to be violent to them and they decided not to.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Except that stricter gun laws have worked everywhere else.

What doesn't work: doing nothing.
    So, this happened in California, home of the strictest gun laws in the country.

Please tell us, time4fun, what additional gun laws do you believe would have prevented this tragedy from occurring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    Correlation between mass shootings and social media. Prove me wrong
    I haven't seen a single story regarding his social media usage.

Causation does not imply correlation.

You have been proven wrong.
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    What makes this shooting particularly weird is that there's no apparent motivation for it. It's an entirely different beast than the school shootings and such. CA even has a red-flag law, and this fellow had a visit from the police to potentially take him into temporary protective custody, but he didn't seem to be violent to them and they decided not to.
    Dude had PTSD and wasn't receiving the needed treatment. Dollars to donuts that the school shootings are also a result of students being mistreated by their classmates for extended periods of time which results in deep depression, social media has made this even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Dude had PTSD and wasn't receiving the needed treatment.
    Well, sure, but why that bar? Why just walk in and start shooting? If you have PTSD, why go shoot up a place?
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

6. Default

you all saw Bowling for Columbine so I won't make analogies out of it.
    Still, we were discussing stuff about cultures lately and one thing pope out: You guys got that in yours, it's part of who you are. Anyone here in Quebec (or in Canada) doesn't identify himself with his gear ( I am not Quebecois cause I got a wooden cross, jeans, a vineyard, whatever).

But you, Americans do. Your trucks, your guns, your ground.

A girl here will walk outside at midnight knowing she has nothing to fear period. A girl in the US will walk outside at midnight knowing she has nothing to fear cause she has a gun in her purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    you all saw Bowling for Columbine so I won't make analogies out of it.
    Still, we were discussing stuff about cultures lately and one thing pope out: You guys got that in yours, it's part of who you are. Anyone here in Quebec (or in Canada) doesn't identify himself with his gear ( I am not Quebecois cause I got a wooden cross, jeans, a vineyard, whatever).

But you, Americans do. Your trucks, your guns, your ground.

A girl here will walk outside at midnight knowing she has nothing to fear period. A girl in the US will walk outside at midnight knowing she has nothing to fear cause she has a gun in her purse.
    So, Canada has such restrictive gun laws that there are no more gun crimes in the country.

Good to know.

8. Default

far less. By what, 100 times? 200? 500?

Way to prove my point there PB

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Except that stricter gun laws have worked everywhere else.

What doesn't work: doing nothing.
    You're retarded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Well, sure, but why that bar? Why just walk in and start shooting? If you have PTSD, why go shoot up a place?
    It's a question we can't really answer. The human brain is a fucked up place when it's not functioning correctly.

Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...