Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shootings

1. Default Mass Shootings

Thousand Oaks makes for the 307th mass shooting in America in 2018.

Fascists contend that a lack of gun control is not to blame for these senseless losses of life.

But, maybe some of the resident posters here can answer this question? How many tyrannical governments were deposed due to the second amendment?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Thousand Oaks makes for the 307th mass shooting in America in 2018.

Fascists contend that a lack of gun control is not to blame for these senseless losses of life.

But, maybe some of the resident posters here can answer this question? How many tyrannical governments were deposed due to the second amendment?
    Lot’s, almost every government on the planet has done it in their history. When Toyotomi Hideyoshi ascended to the Shogunate his very first edict was to confiscate all swords and barred commoners from owning any weapons thereby solidfying his position. This was done so frequently between administrations they even gave it a name, “sword hunt” (刀狩 katanagari).

Something a little closer to home nd pertaining directly to the 2nd amendment:

As British troops sailed to Boston in 1768, the Boston Gazette reported that the ministry commanded things "more grievous to the people, than any thing hitherto made known," the first of which was "that the inhabitants of this Province are to be disarmed." By 1774, the British were routinely conducting warrantless searches and seizures of firearms in the Boston area, leading the Gazette to exclaim that "what most irritated the people next to seizing their arms and ammunition" was the arrest of patriot political leaders. King George III ordered the seizure of any firearms imported into the colonies.

Finally, this from another asshole tyrant...

“All political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.”

—Mao Tse Dong

Guns, Gold, and God. Essential ingredients that built this country to where it is today.

I think CA has some of the most restrictive gun laws if memory serves. Not dismissing or condoning just stating that gun control and legal gun restriction is pretty high there.
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

In my opinion stricter gun laws won't stop the mass shootings. Closer scrutiny of people who have crazy tendancies or hospitalization will
    Last edited by beldannon5; 11-09-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Non gun owner here, but I don't see how this gets fixed. Guns in America are a genie that absolutely cannot be put back in the bottle. Short of 'Government Sorceror casts a spell instantly turning all guns in the country into personal massagers', what type of gun control stops this from happening? Dude walked into a bar with a single pistol and did this. Not trying to be obtuse or argumentative, genuinely curious. It's beyond belief that we have this problem and it's very depressing, but what is the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    In my opinion stricter gun laws won't stop the mass shootings. Closer scrutiny of people who have crazy tendancies or hospitalization will
    Except that stricter gun laws have worked everywhere else.

What doesn't work: doing nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post

How many times have you called someone crazy because they don't adhere to your right-think paradigm?

I have lost count.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 11-09-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post

It's a wicked hard problem, for sure. But "everywhere else" does not face the same scalability concerns, in addition to the cultural affinity for and legal basis for individual possession of firearms. Even if the spigot for new firearms were turned off today, the US will still have more guns per capita than any other nation.

I disagree that doing nothing is worse than enacting some legislative quarter-measure that doesn't touch the real problem at all (e.g. "assault" weapons ban).

Correlation between mass shootings and social media. Prove me wrong

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    Correlation between mass shootings and social media. Prove me wrong
    It's certainly a part of the problem.

Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...